First Post
And here is what
Captain America returns... kinda
brings to mind...

dstzombiescol1ng7ol5hr0.jpg

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
Naa... I'll give it at about 5 years minimum...

You're more generous than me. I say two years maximum. The next major Marvel event (after "Secret/Skrull Invasion") is quite likely, even.

Cthulhudrew said:
You're more generous than me. I say two years maximum. The next major Marvel event (after "Secret/Skrull Invasion") is quite likely, even.
Well, considering that the return of the Invaders I mentioned up thread was actually being worked on before Cap's death was even planned, and the latest interview with Brubaker(who pretty much has his hands on nearly everything Cap these days, which is a good thing) is going to be spending the next few months, into and through Secret Invasion, establishing Bucky in the Cap role...I highly doubt either will have anything to do with the Secret Invasion.

Though the Invaders thing is 2008, solidifying the "Steve Rogers will be back before 2 years is up" thing. Even if its not the same Steve...and since he may not stay.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
At a recent comic book show the legendary Jim Steranko said that Captain America was his favorite character and he would like to be the one who Marvel gets to draw the inevitable Return of Steve Rogers storyline.

Klaus

First Post
horacethegrey said:
JTruth be told, it's an infinitely more frightening concept than the usual "bomb ze capital unless they cave in to my zemands!" schtick that bad guys like the Skull usually go for. :)

Wait? The Skull is French?!?

:D

Vocenoctum

First Post
Darkwolf71 said:
Huh. I haven't followed comics for 8 years or so. I only recently heard Cap was dead. My friend was all, "No more comin back. He's dead dead. No more Captian America." To which I replied, "Yeah, right."

I think the funniest part to me (as someone who stopped reading comics long ago) is that when I read back in the day, the word was that everyone's death was always in question... "Except Bucky, Bucky is dead-dead and never coming back."

Vocenoctum said:
I think the funniest part to me (as someone who stopped reading comics long ago) is that when I read back in the day, the word was that everyone's death was always in question... "Except Bucky, Bucky is dead-dead and never coming back."
I always remember it being Bucky, Jason Todd, and Uncle Ben as the ones who will never ever come back.

Now they're all back, or at least have come back in one form or another. Technically Uncle Ben's still dead, but an alternate universe one appeared in the main Spidey books about a year ago. And we've got Jason Todd back now...and Bucky, too.

Can't say much for Jason Todd's return, as I'm not a big DC reader, but Bucky's has sure been handled amazingly well. To the point where I've kind of forgotten the old saying.

Klaus

First Post
Jason's return has been... blech.

The explanation was... Superboy Punch! Jason suddenly was alive again, inside his own buried coffin!

kingpaul

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
but Bucky's has sure been handled amazingly well. To the point where I've kind of forgotten the old saying.
I also thought the backstory they gave in explaining how Bucky is alive was well done. And now that
he's the new Capt. America
, I'm anxiously waiting to see how they continue his story line.

Remove ads