Casefiles Reopened: Agents of D.E.L.V.E.

Unarmed, unarmoured, unbalanced, and unstable, Telaria seeks shelter somewhere safer, preferably petrolithic. If she can find good, heavy rocks, she'll begin throwing them to aid in the fray.

Erasnyl Shouts the arcane word and raises his hands, there is a flash which nearly blinds anybody looking at him and the ghoul. The Ghoul is flung back off it's feet from the force of the point blank magic missles, it's torso and head an unrecognizable charred mass.

Telaria continues her harried flight from the melee and finds herself against a crumbled section of the masonry near the open portcullis. There seems to be a wealth "protolithic" debris suited to her purposes.

Thorn's mercurial attack (while a textbook study in form) passes through the air where the hangman's left arm was only a moment before, it seems the Hangman is a paying a little more attention to it's surroundings now.

Ghoul #1 howls and sweeps it's claw down on Thorn, so close to her she can hear it's nails tear the air next to her ear.

The Hangman, with preternatural speed presses the attack once more, and in the frenzy of blows clamps it's jaws on Erran's shoulder. Fort save again, my boy

Erran, thrown off by the Hangman's attack lands only one of his strikes, but with enough force to hear bones cracking in the beast's ribcage clear across the courtyard.

Harlan and Shadowstone are lost to view in the shadows of the entrance tunnels, but the sounds of drawn blades and harried fighting are clear to all.

Sereth aims for the ghoul attacking Thorn, with a precise blast of eldritch might.

Ghoul #6 continues it's attack, flanking Erran with it's Master but unable to connect.

Azaar

Explorer
Misjudging his attempt to evade, Erran once more makes an attempt to be the Hangman's lunch. Sadly for the Hangman, Erran doesn't seem to enjoy that prospect, another wince of pain flashing across his features and a growl to accompany it. Out of the corner of his eye, though, he sees one of the other ghouls coming in behind him. Two against one... I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.

He switches his stance to a more defensive posture, yet still presses his own attack against the Hangman. He snaps off another one-two combination, then does his best to move nimbly away before the Hangman can retaliate.

[sblock=Rolls]Fort Save: check result DC 24 (1d20+8=24)

Full Attack (fighting defensively): first strike hits AC 19, second strike hits AC 16 (1d20+1=19, 1d20+1=16)

Damage (first attack): 6 (1d8=6)

Damage (second attack): 8 (1d8=8)

Note: Erran will have AC 27 this round from fighting defensively.[/sblock]

Okay, it's been nearly a month, and not a word out of Sereth. It seems to me I have three players. Target party: six. I've had three, maybe four players just drop. Do we continue, start over (again), or count it as a loss?

Azaar

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Speaking for myself, I'd like to keep going if that's possible, though with half the party missing, that makes it far more difficult. And with the holidays, it only seems to get more problematic -- enough so that I've had to tone down on the Star Wars game I've been running for the last month or so and sorta put it on pause until the holidays are over. I'd almost ask whether it would be possible to try taking on a second character, but I'd understand if that was something you'd want to shy away from.[/sblock]

Remove ads