• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Casual D&D) A Game of Trust

dpdx

Explorer
Guilt Puppy said:
Oh, BTW, sorry about jumping past the morning in the temple, dp. I'd just realized how long we'd spent in the same friggin tavern, and felt obliged to move things along.)
(It's all good, GP. Hope you don't mind that I back-tracked a little. I needed to square some things against the story, so I 'took over' the Temple for a post. Feel free to take it back, if you should need to.)

Fendric was more comfortable in the saddle than he would have been had he tried to get down, so while still mounted, he extends a hand to Niccolo to take his pack and put it next to his own on the horse. Once the pack is placed, he will extend a hand to Niccolo to let him up.

(Hope this steed can take the weight...)

Mortisan

First Post
Victus stirs from the mass of blankets in the corner of the room, pulling himself out of the akward sleeping position with a series of cracks and pops.
Packing up his belongings and donning his gear, he heads down to the lobby, assuming that to be where his companions could be found.
He takes note of the dry taste in his mouth, and considers heading back to the tavern for a morning mead, but is interrupted as Exantrius arrives with the horses.
He heads out into the cool morning air, and hops up onto the mount with reasonable skill, helping Aerda up behind him if need be.

Timothy

First Post
(OOC: sorry for the delay, just see it y=that Jalarzi went to bed early)

Ahh, Merrim, I do not mind, I would very much like your company! Say Jalarzi, but she thinks: Halflings? Gnomes? Why me, Why me, can I for once plz have normal, tall folk to be asosciated with? *Sigh* I guess I'll have to get used to it.

OOC: I decided to let some of her planned arogance go, since this group is quite nice, although her first goals still are her own.)

Guilt Puppy

First Post
As days and nights pass, you follow the road up along the coast, until it veers off west through the hills. When the air is clear it is bright and picturesque; most of the time, the mist is heavy and the road seems mysterious, and strangely ominous.

During the day he seems cheery and full of life, but as cold night descends you can see clearly the signs of Exantrius' age. His sleep is busy and bothered; his mornings are slow and weary, as though he carries an unseen weight from every limb. Still, his spirits are high, and he fends off deftly any signs of concern.

A week into your journey, early morning, you spot smoke from dying campfires weaving through the trees of the small valley nestled between the hills to the west. Your elder companion seems interested:

"I've heard some rumor of hobgoblins in this area... Perhaps this is them. It may be a good idea to pay a visit, perhaps barter: If they are bandits and thieves, then at least we might give them a good deal, that they may spare the roads for a space of time."

He looks about for agreement before guiding his steep down the rough slopes.

wings

First Post
Hrm

Aerda's quick eyes found the billowing shape as he awoke from his book. He nods to Exantrius, and goes about loosening his rapier in its sheath.

"Astrule, why don't you scout some for us?" With that the large bird goes from the elf's shoulder, out over the trees, in the direction of the smoke. Aerda knows he will only get a limited response, but its worth a shot.

dpdx

Explorer
Fendric's first time outside of the city is an interesting one, getting the hang of horseriding, watching the others for ideas as they set camp, pitching in when it would seem he's capable of the task. Sleeping in the open air, when the weather cooperates, is much better even than the hotel room.

Fendric has also been practicing some spell casting in the wide-open environment; casting Light after the night so people can see themselves and each other before retiring. Fendric enjoys the guard shifts, as most nights they are a time for serene contemplation.

Fendric listens to Exantrius bring up the hobgoblins, and as he follows the rest of the party toward the hobgoblin infestation, wonders aloud: "Pardon me, good Sir, but will this set us back much on our journey? If we are to stop the Knight-turned-demagogue from embroiling the entire Coast in combat, Sir Exantrius, wouldn't it help to get ahead of him?"

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Aerda: Astrule soars out -- it's about half a mile away, a short journey, especially for a bird of prey. As he returns, you get the sense that things are fairly peaceful down there, although there is a sense of caution as well.

Fendric: "I don't intend that we take long -- a setback of an hour or two will be no great worry, and it is always good to have supplies at hand." Taking a moment to think, he adds "How are your food supplies, I should ask?" and looks around the group for answers.

wings

First Post
Astrule

"They seem to be peaceful, atleast thats what Astrule thinks. I think we should trust him." Aerda says, rather randomly it seems.

With his elven stomach he could subsist on lighter foods, but he would have no need to with astrule around. "My rations ran out yesterday, but Astrule hunts enough for me, if he needs to. He likes it, the hunting i mean."

National Acrobat

First Post
Merrim's eyes grow bright, a dangerous thing when a gnome does that. "Perhaps with my storytelling and illusionary skills, coupled with Niccolo's musicianship and bardic lore, we could entertain them as sort of a bartering for food, etc. Making friends and allies is never a bad thing. At least among small folk it isn't."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads