• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Casual D&D) A Game of Trust

dpdx

Explorer
Brother Fendric volunteers for the watch just before Exantrius'. Before retiring, he will have another look at Exantrius' wound. If Exantrius agrees, Fendric will cast the remainder of his spells until the paladin is healed up to full, or his spells are expended:

[Spontaneous Casting: Protection from Evil into CLW = Roll: 7 + 2 = 9 points healed.]

[Orisons: 3, Spontaneously cast into CMW, 1 point each, if necessary.]

Fendric will then pray to Pelor (for spells) before going to sleep 2 hours before first watch.

In the morning, Fendric will awaken, and take his watch while eating breakfast. (Spot: 12).

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Second Watch, Spot 13, Listen 21 total.
I am also trying to work on my Banner for the Knight.
I rolled a 22 total. :D

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Niccolo: Your banner is finished, and a fine job on it, too. The Crest of Unity is unmistakable on the backing of Exantrius' personal colors, blue and white.

Aerda: Your watch is the longest of them all, needing far less time to rest than the rest. It passes slowly but peacefully: Niccolo and Merrim in turn keep you entertained, but it is no doubt a nice change of pace when Fendric rises to relieve you of gnomish conversation.

As the first hints of morning blue begin to seep into the sky, your eye catches an odd movement -- something on Exantrius' neck, wriggling out of his breastplate. As you move to react, it emerges: A dove of purest white. It ruffles its feathers, and promptly takes flight to the West, away from the rising sun.

It is only as it disappears into the distance that you realize the old knight is no longer breathing.

dpdx

Explorer
Fendric moves to roust Exantrius at daybreak, and recoils in alarm when the paladin doesn't move. "My comrades! Wake up! Come quickly! Exantrius has stopped breathing!", he shouts.

Checking the wound on his neck for any seepage of blood, he finds none. It is at this point that Fendric realizes Exantrius has gone on to sit at the arm of the Shining One, his days on earth at a natural end. There seems to be nothing that can be done, so Fendric does not bother to cast any healing magic, though he would gladly expend all of his spells as he did the night before to get just one more chance to talk to the paladin, one further set of instructions...

At that moment, Fendric is stricken at once by panic and grief: what to do now? Could they, a group of relative novices, face the revolutionary by themselves? Wait...

As the others rise, and come to him, he speaks again: "I must see his steed! Someone bring the steed over here! Exantrius instructed me to check the saddlebags for letters that must be delivered, and we must return him to a temple or an agent of the Order for proper sanctification and burial! Please, quickly, now, we don't have time!"

(edit: arggh - out, damn .sig!)

Last edited:

wings

First Post
At the first notice of alarm, Aerda slides out of the reverie he was caught in. He seemed to raise wordlesly and with little unease. He watches as the dove flies away, immaculate against the rest of the world. Aerda moves over to take the fallen knight's steed and bring it over to the young cleric.

Away from the rising sun? That hardly seemed appropriate somehow. It actually disturbed him in general, with the dove and all. He must've truly been something else. Truly favored by the Gods.

"In all my years, i've never seen a soul set wing as a dove."

With that he will help Fendric go through the saddlebag, but not to enthusiastically. Not out of greivance, even tho' he was sad that his newly acquainted comrade had passed (it was a very short time for an acquaintence, for the elves that tend friendships over decades.) It was more because he was partially lethargic, he was yet to get the sleep he needs. Good thing he doesnt need to prepare spells or ready his mind.

(search- 9+4=13)

dpdx

Explorer
[Fendric will take 20 on the search, and catalog everything he finds on a piece of paper. Other than that, he'll wait for the gnomes to post, in case they wanna.]

National Acrobat

First Post
"How peaceful he looks," says Merrim. "He has earned his place next to his lord. Peace Be with you Exantrius. As we Gnomes say, 'there is always a place next to the hearth for one more who has come and found his way home'."

Mortisan

First Post
OOC: I apologize for my inactivity, and as many of you may have guessed, I am no longer able to play in this game. Perhaps in the future I will return as a different character. Sorry if this causes an inconvenience.
Cheers,
Mortisan.

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
Mortisan said:
OOC: I apologize for my inactivity, and as many of you may have guessed, I am no longer able to play in this game. Perhaps in the future I will return as a different character. Sorry if this causes an inconvenience.
Cheers,
Mortisan.
[OOC: Boo! Since we don't have Victus' stats, I suggest we recruit more players - preferably players that stick around. I'm tired of losing one player a week.]

Last edited:

wings

First Post
Well

(ooc- I'm sure i can get his stats. He is a friend of mine, and i really thought he would stick around a little longer. if you will give me your address guiltpuppy, i'll have him send the stats straight to you. if you want that.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads