D&D 3E/3.5 Catalog of 3.5 Creatures and their DR

Belphanior

First Post
Anubis the Doomseer said:
I'm going to repeat the question posed above - what is the point of the ki (lawful) strike of a monk, nothing has DR x/Law or DR x/Chaos.

- Ma'at

Well, the Slaads and Titans have DR/Law...
And the Inevitables have DR/Chaos.

I'm sure there are others, from MM2 and FF.

Kae'Yoss

First Post

Monk ki strike nerfed - in it's own edition. Something smells.

It's a small benefit, but it fits for monks, since they are very lawful.

Even if they got nothing on level 10, Ki-Strike is really useful now: You can strike all but the most powerful of outsiders, and at level 16+ you are the bane of golems and stoneskin-using wizards.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Meh - I'd prefer to have seen the outsiders become vulnerable (DR) on both axises of their alignment (Demons DR x/Law or Holy, Devils DR x/Chaos or Holy, etc).

- Ma'at

Yes, that would not be to bad. And easily implementable

Kae'Yoss

First Post
While some individual titan's can have other alignments (a singular being or one in a million even with "always x") he will retain the Chaotic subtype with all the disadvantages that brings. The same goes for every creature with an alignment subtype.

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

drnuncheon said:

Did anyone not have a +3 weapon (except maybe the arcanists) by the time the party was tackling dragons with x/+3? I doubt it, so they didn't really have DR in 3.0 either.

They didn't all have magic bows capable of hitting a dragon. A dragon's flight could protect it from physical attacks. Now that is not the case.

Belphanior

First Post
They didn't all have magic bows capable of hitting a dragon. A dragon's flight could protect it from physical attacks. Now that is not the case.

I'm quite sure they had 9th level spellcasters with GMW though... :D

Remove ads