Catwoman is gonna rule the world

Berandor

lunatic
barsoomcore - you seem on the right track. If they actually made a goofy Catwoman, a cheezy B-movie style flick, tongue-in-cheek and all - it could own our collective behinds.
But it seems they're not even going for "inject a little humor", and more for "dead serious", so it will suck even more than Superman would have with Beyoncé as Louis Lane.

That clip's dumb and all, but it's not supposed to be part of the movie. It's something she shot for Oprah's 50th Birthday show. The costume's not what I would have conceived for the character, but I wouldn't make too many other judgements about the film based on what's in that clip.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Where's Michelle Pfieffer when you need her? She still has the body and enough youth to play the roll, and you know, if it were her in the catsuit from Batman II, I would probably go see it. By comparison, this new one looks idiotic.

gfunk

First Post
:confused::(:eek:

The Thing can not be described -- there is no language for such abysms of shrieking and immemorial lunacy, such eldritch contradictions of all matter, force, and cosmic order.

reapersaurus

First Post
OK. I think I'm getting it now.

This movie is not for the typical white geek.

After seeing that clip and the over-the-top purring, I'm thinking it's mainly a vehicle for black audiences, both male and female, as well as any female that is interested in "empowerment", especially sexual role-reversing of "power". I'm thinking it's for the Ally McBeal, Sex in the City crowd more than internet fantasy/comic geeks.

reapersaurus said:
OK. I think I'm getting it now.

This movie is not for the typical white geek.

After seeing that clip and the over-the-top purring, I'm thinking it's mainly a vehicle for black audiences, both male and female, as well as any female that is interested in "empowerment", especially sexual role-reversing of "power". I'm thinking it's for the Ally McBeal, Sex in the City crowd more than internet fantasy/comic geeks.
Pretty much everything you say about Movie Catwoman could be said about Comic Book Catwoman, in regards to feminine empowerment. And since when don't white guys find Halle Berry attractive?

Don't get me wrong, everything I've heard about this movie screams "Stay away!". I'm just amused by all the inferences people are drawing from a little videotaped greeting she did for Oprah.

Bass Puppet

First Post
Oh my god, I just vomitted all over myself.

*cleans self up*

Ok, I'm thinking we should start a poll of how much money this movie is going to make in the theatres. This could be great, I mean, how often do we get to read creatively horrible adjectives from movie critics? Sometimes, those are more entertaining to read than actually watching the movie. hahaha!!

Remove ads