• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Grim Frequencies AP OOC -- COMPLETE

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Level Up!

2nd Character Level - 1st Level Fast Hero, 2nd Level Hit Points (1d8+2=10), +1 base Ref Save, +3 Defense Bonus, 6 Skill Points (1 Balance, 1 Drive, 1 Escape Artist, 1 Hide, 1 Move Silently, 1 Tumble), Evasion

Questions...

Do the 6 Action Points gained at 2nd level replace or add to existing Action Points? Do you want us to make Profession checks to see if our Wealth Bonus increases? Can I add the gun Feral acquired (ok...stole) to his gear or is Marks going to confiscate that at some point?

gribble

Explorer
Just to clarify, do you want us to just update our character sheet "in place" in the Rogues Gallery, or post a new version as well as what is already there? I think you want the former, but just checking before I update and remove all traces of what it was...
:)

Kiraya_TiDrekan said:
Do the 6 Action Points gained at 2nd level replace or add to existing Action Points? Do you want us to make Profession checks to see if our Wealth Bonus increases? Can I add the gun Feral acquired (ok...stole) to his gear or is Marks going to confiscate that at some point?
Action Points pool. If your class gains Action Points at 2nd level--and I think all of them do--add what you gain to what you had leftover from 1st level (which should have been 3 Action Points). If you had 3 AP at 1st level and gain 6 AP at 2nd level, your character now has 9 AP. I'd like it if characters started using their AP in the IC. If AP don't seem to be getting much use soon, I'm considering nixing them as irrelevant. Or instituting a "smoke 'em if you got 'em" rule wherein AP might be replaced at each subsequent level.

Re: Wealth, since you are all independent contractors affiliated with the FCC, everyone should please annotate their character sheet to reflect a Wealth bonus +5. In addition to that, I expect that you will negotiate with Marks for equipment and training on an as-needed basis. For example, Marks will want to sit down with Otter and map out a tech gear requisition. What you can get the government to agree to provide will depend upon your past mission success rate, how successful you are at staying low-key and avoiding unwanted attention, current mission requirements, and the reasonableness of your request/s.

And, yes, Feral should add the gun he boosted from the Caddy to his equipment list.

gribble said:
Just to clarify, do you want us to just update our character sheet "in place" in the Rogues Gallery, or post a new version as well as what is already there? I think you want the former, but just checking before I update and remove all traces of what it was...
I prefer if you update your character sheet "in place" rather than make a new RG post. If you want to retain previous levels' stats, I suggest you organize your RG entry in such a way as to keep level 2 separate from level 1...maybe by putting level 1 on the bottom of the sheet in sblocks, for example.

Though, to clarify, I think you're fine to delete level 1 info and replace it with level 2 stats. I don't foresee anyone taking negative levels anytime soon, if that was what you were asking.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Action Points pool. If your class gains Action Points at 2nd level--and I think all of them do--add what you gain to what you had leftover from 1st level (which should have been 3 Action Points). If you had 3 AP at 1st level and gain 6 AP at 2nd level, your character now has 9 AP. I'd like it if characters started using their AP in the IC. If AP don't seem to be getting much use soon, I'm considering nixing them as irrelevant. Or instituting a "smoke 'em if you got 'em" rule wherein AP might be replaced at each subsequent level.

Re: Wealth, since you are all independent contractors affiliated with the FCC, everyone should please annotate their character sheet to reflect a Wealth bonus +5. In addition to that, I expect that you will negotiate with Marks for equipment and training on an as-needed basis. For example, Marks will want to sit down with Otter and map out a tech gear requisition. What you can get the government to agree to provide will depend upon your past mission success rate, how successful you are at staying low-key and avoiding unwanted attention, current mission requirements, and the reasonableness of your request/s.

And, yes, Feral should add the gun he boosted from the Caddy to his equipment list.

I prefer if you update your character sheet "in place" rather than make a new RG post. If you want to retain previous levels' stats, I suggest you organize your RG entry in such a way as to keep level 2 separate from level 1...maybe by putting level 1 on the bottom of the sheet in sblocks, for example.

I will need to refresh myself on how Action Points work in this game. :p I'm assuming the gun is a standard Beretta 9mm autoloader, stats wise?

Kiraya_TiDrekan said:
I'm assuming the gun is a standard Beretta 9mm autoloader, stats wise?
Firearms identification has actually been on my mind for about a month, now. I have purposefully been vague in the IC when referring to the gun Feral found in the Caddy and the gun carried by Buzz Cut. I want to kinda-sorta treat guns like magic items. If you found a magic sword, you'd have to identify it before you knew the sword's properties. From a real-world perspective, it makes sense to require a character to have a basis for being able to tell all the different firearms apart; however, there's no "identify" for firearms. At least I don't think there is. What I was thinking of doing is letting any PC that has Firearms Proficiency be able to ID guns. That's a bit of a shot-gun approach (wow! awesome pun!), but it makes it easier to adjudicate who knows about firearms and who doesn't.

Let's face it, most of you are going to become proficient with firearms pretty soon, anyway.

I just realized that I pulled a classic lawyer stunt and talked a big bag but never expressly answered your question. No, don't assume it's a standard Beretta 9mm autoloader. Unless Feral has Firearms Proficiency? I'm not looking at his character sheet right now, so let me know.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I just realized that I pulled a classic lawyer stunt and talked a big bag but never expressly answered your question. No, don't assume it's a standard Beretta 9mm autoloader. Unless Feral has Firearms Proficiency? I'm not looking at his character sheet right now, so let me know.

You posted when I did. :p

No, Feral doesn't have firearms proficiency...but I, as a player, kinda need to know what to roll. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads