• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Grim Frequencies IC -- COMPLETE

Feral puts an elbow through the glass window on the passenger side window, which is the side of the car closest to the loading bay. His elbow goes through the glass easily enough, but a shard of broken glass slices through Feral's clothing and punctures the back side of his forearm. Blood starts to flow from the wound, and glass tinkles to the asphalt-covered ground and inside the Caddy's passenger seat. 1 HP damage. Feral spares a glance around to see if anyone took notice of the sound of breaking glass, but no one appears. Neither does a car alarm sound.

Buzz Cut frowns at Cyril and inches closer. "Hey, man, I really need this toy. Tell you what," Buzz Cut reaches into his back pocket and hauls out a black leather wallet attached to his belt loop by a thick stylized metal chain. The wallet has silver studs on its exterior. Maneuvering his body to block the view of J.R. and T-dawg, Buzz Cut pulls out two twenty dollar bills and extends them toward Cyril. "Here. Forty bucks. Just give me the FunBun, man. Get your kid something real nice with this. I hear them paint guns are hot tickets right now."

Cyril has time to spot J.R. move halfway down the aisle and crouch down to examine a toy on a lower shelf, 25 feet away from Cyril. The last Cyril saw of T-dawg, he was walking down the aisle and had reached J.R.'s position and looked like he meant to keep coming. Buzz Cut has cut off Cyril's view, however. Cyril can probably lean sideways to see the rest of Aisle 5, but not without being obvious about doing it; Buzz Cut is in his face.

As best J.R. can tell, Buzz Cut seems interested in the BunBun toy and is trying to persuade Cyril to part with it. Buzz Cut's stance is aggressive, but that could just be because the toy is selling like hotcakes and Buzz Cut is a pretty large dude who may well be aggressive in life generally.

T-dawg gets within 10 feet of Buzz Cut and can hear the dialog. Buzz Cut just offered Cyril forty bucks for the BunBun. Buzz Cut seems aggressive, especially when he maneuvered his body to cut off Cyril's view of the aisle.
[sblock=T-dawg]Let me know if you want T-dawg to get closer than 10'. T-dawg can easily get closer to Buzz Cut, but would probably be considered in the socially iffy "getting in Buzz Cut's space" if he ventures closer than I placed him.[/sblock]

Death Otter snatches the binoculars and clinks them up against the window to get a better look. It takes about sixty seconds to get the binocs fully trained and focused on the sheriff's car and the blue van. There's a sheriff in uniform with sandy brown hair sitting behind the wheel of the cop car. But there's no one visible in the blue van, which is odd since Otter saw the damn thing pull up just a minute ago and no one appeared to get out. The sheriff's deputy in the cop car is looking down at his lap. At a smartphone, or a radar gun? Or maybe a tablet? Oooo! Or maybe it's one of those new-fangled cellular interceptors Otter's heard about--a device capable of conducting a warrantless search of a passerby's cell phone. Wasn't there an article in the Indy Star sometime last year about the metro police buying one of those units?

Cell_Interceptor.jpg

Forged Fury

First Post
Cyril eyed the bills... he had always loved Andrew Jackson, other than all of that Indian business. Jackson's eyes never passed judgement either, it was like the former President was begging Cyril to take him, both of him even.

The former lawyer glanced to see if T-Dawg or J.R. would be able to see him take the bribe. It was at that point that Cyril realized the big juicer was blocking his path. Sizing Buzz Cut up, the lawyer figured the his brawnier buddies could take the guy if necessary, it wasn't like Cyril was going to be able to stop the meathead if he wanted the damn toy. Hell, someone like Buzz Cut was the exact reason T-Dawg and J.R. were here.

"Look buddy, I'd love to help you, but let's be realistic here. It's better to be a s(*&^ uncle than a s(*&^ dad, right? With that said, if you can sweeten the pot a little bit, it might make it worth my while to check the internet. Sound good? How much ya' got?"

Cyril waited to see if Buzz Cut was going to take the bait. The second he looked in that Guido wallet, he was prepared to make a break for it.

[roll0]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Feral grabs the gun in the passenger seat and takes a quick look around the interior of the car to see if anything else useful is in there, including popping the glove compartment.

Buzz Cut eyeballs Cyril and grunts. He flicks open his wallet and looks down, preparing to dig out more cash. Lots of cash, by the look of it.
[sblock=Cyril]Enough cash to grant Cyril a +1 Wealth bonus on Cyril's next Wealth check to purchase an object.[/sblock]

Feral grabs the gun by the grip and hauls it out from under the passenger seat. He checks the magazine and finds it loaded. By the look of it, the gun is a semiautomatic of some variety; it's got a magazine that has seven bullets. Feral checks the glove compartment and finds an unopened box of condoms, earplugs, and a box of .9 mm ammo containing 50 rounds.

trojan-condoms.jpg

Pausing here for actions for Otter, J.R., and T-dawg.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Feral takes the gun, the box of ammo, and the condoms, intending to use them in some sort of practical joke on Cyril later, then heads toward the loading entrance, keeping low and staying alert.

Perception - [roll0]
Stealth - [roll1]

Rubberneck

First Post
J.R. decides to throw caution to the wind, maybe if Buzz Cut sees that Cyril is not alone and has a friend he'll move on, so he approaches the pair and addresses Cyril,

"Hey Bro, yinz git that damn toy yet? We bin scouting stores alls day, I want to git home."

Feral, J.R., T-dawg, and Cyril roll Initiative. For now, I will place decriptions relevant to Otter before the top of the round, unless or until there is a need to add her into the Initiative sequence.

Remove ads