• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Grim Frequencies IC -- COMPLETE

Shayuri

First Post
"Oh shi...lemme see!" shrieks Death Otter, and she immediately twists around in the seat to claw at the space under it, digging the BunBun out. When she has it in her hot little hands, she coos and strokes its head between the big fluffy ears.

"Awww...hey there little buddy," she purrs at it delightedly. "...we're gonna rip you apart and shove hot soldering irons into your guts. WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!"

She hugs the rabbit to herself, and looks back at Feral Li.

"It might be those idiots I suckered away with a decoy. Anyway, lets follow 'em. Dimes on the dollars, if they're in that kind of hurry, they're probably going after the others."

gribble

Explorer
T-Dawg moves to step in front of JR and Cyril, shielding them as they clamber into the dumpster. Once he's sure they are both safe, he attempts to climb onto the closed dumpster, putting himself in a position to leap onto the roof of the car as it drives past.

OOC: I'm assuming some sort of Climb roll will be needed.
Climb: [roll0]

Feral recognized the green Caddy as the same car parked by the loading bay. The same car from which he pilfered the gun, ammo, and condoms.

Marks watched the green Caddy slide around the corner, heading north up the alley, then eased the van into gear. "Not like we were going to be able to get out the main exit anyway." The van, however, didn't fit very well between the misplaced dumpster. Marks's eyes fluttered closed briefly when the passenger side of the van--Otter and Feral's side--brushed against the edge of the dumpster. Metal rent into metal, filling the air with a crass screech. Irritated, Marks mashed the gas pedal. The van took off with a groan. The passenger side mirror stayed in place, but only because the van's angle and height were sufficient to avoid banging the mirror into the dumpster.

Once the van cleared the dumpster, Marks cast a sideways glance at Otter and the BunBun. His eyes snapped back to the alley, his fingers gripping the wheel just that much tighter as Otter squealed at the toy. With practiced ease, Marks maneuvered the van into the alley, and headed north in the same direction as the green Caddy.

The green Caddy was half a long block ahead, paused at the intersection of the alley and a smaller thoroughfare. The Caddy shot across the intersection, heading behind a flower shop. Marks swore under his breath, and his eyes went a hair wide.

Otter and Feral spotted T-dawg trying to boost J.R. into a dumpster behind the flower shop, just as another pair of trouser-clad legs that had been dangling over the lip of the trash container disappear from view into the inside of the dumpster. The driver of the Caddy must've hit the gas, because the green car lurched forward in a fit of speed, its tires smoking.

T-dawg shoved Cyril's dangling legs all the way into the dumpster, then hoisted the wounded J.R. into the dumpster, too. The green Caddy sped past, not bothering to veer at T-dawg. T-dawg slammed closed half of the dumpster's lid and lumbered on top. The plastic warped under his weight but held. Alas, T-dawg wasn't fast enough to both help Cyril and J.R. and climb up himself and still have time to leap on the passing Caddy. He did, however, spot Buzz Cut behind the wheel of the green car. And headlights in the alley behind the toy store--half a block to the south--caught his attention. Looked like the white van driven by Marks was headed his way.

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: [roll0] - Perception

Feral says to Marks, "If those are our boys in the trash, let's grab 'em and get out of here. No sense chasing down the caddy now."

Forged Fury

First Post
Cyril gagged as the stench of decayed vegetation filled the dumpster. It had apparently been several days since the trash company had been by and even the cold temperatures of Indiana in the winter had done little to preserve the plant clippings. The 2 inches of water at the bottom of the dumpster didn't improve his attitude either. That was about as far as his though process got before JR came crashing down on him from above.

"Oof! Mother f(*&^r!" Cyril bleated as the wind was knocked out of him. Coughing, he got his breathing under control and extricated himself from underneath the other man. A loud thud from above echoed throughout the dumpster. The former lawyer scrunched his eyes closed and gritted his teeth, waiting for the car to slam into the side of the metal container. After a few seconds, he opened his eyes and looked in the general direction of JR.

"Uh, you think we're okay?"

[sblock=Feral]Feral is unable to make out the Caddy's license plate number.[/sblock]Marks pushes the gas pedal and eases the van down the alley. He spares a look both directions at the intersection where the alley meets the sidestreet, but doesn't slow to a stop. The van jounces across the street, then pulls to a stop beside T-dawg and the dumpster.

Rubberneck

First Post
J.R. fumbles around in the dumpster trying to let Cyril up from underneath him,

"I quit, put me back in my damn cell!"

Once T-Dawg is off the top of the lid, J.R. pushes it open and gets back out of the trashcan. He shakes off what looks to be some leaves or dead flowers off his shoe and clambers into the van.

"I need to see a doctor or sumpin, that jagoff shot me in da shoulder."

gribble

Explorer
OOC: Perception: [roll]1d20-1[/roll]
Grrr.... for some reason the built in dice roller doesn't seem to want to work for me again... please roll manually CB

T-dawg sees the van come to a stop next to the dumpster, then hops down, swings open the lid and helps JR and Cyril out. One they're both safely back in the van, he climbs in himself, slams the door closed and sits down heavily in the back.
"We're all here. Let's go" he says to Marks.

Remove ads