• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Grim Frequencies IC -- COMPLETE

Forged Fury

First Post
"I'll take one," Cyril said, sitting down at the table. While the others had gotten a bunch of gear at Best Buy, the former lawyer hadn't really needed anything other than a cellphone and the gremlin-possessed bluetooth earpiece. He probably should have gotten an iPad or something, that church directory was only going to last him so long.

Distracted by his musings, the man snapped back to reality. "Hopefully he's taking his frustrations out somewhere else. I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting chewed out for us being involved in that train incident."

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Feral looks thoughtful, "I don't know, something seems weird to me. T-Dawg, when did Marks leave? And when did the weight room and kitchen get stocked?"

T-dawg set down a plate containing an omelette in front of Cyril. He shrugged. "I dunno. He wasn't around when I got here. But the gear was." The TV blared loudly from the pastor's office.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Feral continues, "Hear me out for a second. What if Marks didn't bring in this stuff? Where are the boxes and packing material for the weight room gear? Marks doesn't exactly strike me as the sort that would set all that stuff up by himself. What if the bluetooth ghost thingy gave us all this stuff? As a reward or something?"

T-dawg frowned with the effort of thinking. He scratched behind his neck. Then he looked up at Feral. "You think the gym fairy brought us dope gear because we stopped that Hummer?" Feral and Cyril could see that the big man wasn't sure.

Forged Fury

First Post
For once, Cyril silently ate his omelette, not sure where this crazy talk was going. For once, he wished 0tter was around...

Wiping his mouth with his napkin, he said, "I do think it's kind of interesting that the FCC doesn't seem to have sent anyone after us. We're wearing the leg monitors and were pretty clearly going off script from being at Best Buy. It's good to know how much leeway we might have. That could be useful."

Standing up from the table, he said, "Thanks for the omelette, T."

Wandering into the common area, he started to search for 0tter.

Shayuri

First Post
As Cyril delves into the basement of the old church, Death Otter is not hard to find. One has only to follow the sound of scraping and grunting and the occasional swearing to find her, sweaty and covered in dust, trying to shove some of the ratty old furniture abandoned down there around to make a sort of 'post-apocalypse chic' work area.

She looks over as Cyril comes in, and wipes across her face...which just smudges it even more.

"What?"

Forged Fury

First Post
Weaving his way through the disaster area, some of which he wasn't even sure had been here in the first place, Cyril asked, "Do you have that Commodore 64 set up yet? No one knows where Marks is... I was thinking we could call Garvey and ask her if we had her number."

The former lawyer waited with baited breath.

Shayuri

First Post
"Well there's power to it," Death Otter said dismissively, "But we haven't got a network connection here yet. Doesn't Marks have a ph..."

She stopped, remembering a half-second too late what had become of Marks' phone.

"Okay, new plan. Lets see if there's any wireless we can steal around here."

With that, Otter went over to where her laptop was sitting, picked it up and brushed past Cyril on her way back upstairs.

"Come on, won't get good reception down here."

Upstairs she plugged in the AC adapter, opened it up, and started hunting for hotspots.

While she did, Otter asked, "So what's the big deal anyway? He's probably just off getting chewed out by his boss for our off-the-reservation antics."

Last edited:

Otter finds that the church has wireless. There's ComCast cable TV, and she finds a box in the basement from AT&T that leads her to believe the Methodist church has fiber to the curb. Someone has installed a T-1 line, too.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads