• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Grim Frequencies IC -- COMPLETE

Shayuri

First Post
"Oh hell, he got the line in! Nevermind! That makes everything seventeen times easier!"

She grabs some of the cat-5 that came with all the stuff they got from Best Buy, plugs her laptop into the network port, and a moment later is busily doxing Garvey...and Marks too, for good measure. Not to release, of course, just so they can keep in touch.

(OOC - I'm fairly sure D0 can do this with a Take 10, but if not I will be happy to roll :))

Once the phone numbers are in hand, she hands it off to Cyril.

"Why don't YOU talk to the Evil One?" she suggests with an unrepentant grin. "She might just hang up on me."

Forged Fury

First Post
With phone number in hand, Cyril flipped open his new cellphone and added Garvey as a contact. Looking askance at it, the former lawyer went ahead and paired up the bluetooth earpiece to his phone and walked back upstairs into the kitchen.

Placing the earpiece into place and tapping it, he said aloud, "Call Garvey." After a second, the phone responded through the earpiece, "Name not recognized." Frowning, Cyril tried again, with the same results. His patience having reached its limit, he growled, "Damnit, f*(&^%% call Garvey!" After a second, the headset finally replied, "Calling Garvey."

The kitchen was clean; the dishes had been washed and the counters wiped down. A moment after Cyril arrived back upstairs, T-dawg walked into the kitchen holding a small piece of white paper. He held the note out to Cyril. "Found this on the kitchen floor when I was cleaning up. Marks might've left it."

Back late tonight. Make sure you write and submit the report on the incident at the toy store and your findings on the toy to blgarvey@fcc.us.

Forged Fury

First Post
About to leave a message, Cyril shut his mouth and tapped the earpiece when Marks' note turned up. Seeing Feral depart, the former lawyer shrugged and said, "Maybe Otter will do it..."

Returning downstairs, Cyril peeked into the probably insane hacker's hideout and called out. "Hey Otter, Marks is just out for the night, but we have to write that report. You want to type and I'll dictate something?" Between the two of them, he figured they could put together a pretty decent report.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Having almost sat down beside Feral to join in on the PS4, Death Otter gave Cyril an annoyed look and seemed just about to spout some invective-laced denial when she paused. A glint appeared in her eyes as she considered...the possibilities.

"Suuuuuuure," she said with a sudden grin. "You dictate. I'll type. I'll be done in a jiff."

And then she was off like a shot to get her laptop, giggling as she went.

A moment later and she was back, settling crosslegged on the floor with her laptop, somewhat unimaginatively, in her lap.

"Okay, go."

Forged Fury

First Post
Cyril frowned, suspecting that Otter was likely to employ a heavy amount of editorial license of his words. Thinking about it for a second, he decided he didn't really care. Taking a deep breath, the man launched into an impassioned argument about the efficacy of the team, the nearly insurmountable obstacles that were surmounted, and the shocking lack of care on the part of the government concerning the health and well being of their human assets. Near the end, he added a few sentences about the toy that was recovered. "Then just add whatever tech bits you think are important."

OOC: I'm not planning on actually dictating a report. That's way too much like IRL work, LOL

Rubberneck

First Post
J.R. plucks an earbud out of his ear as Cyril paces back and forth. There's a faint sound of Metallica playing through them. He listens for a few seconds of Cyril's over dramatic report and shrugs, placing the ear bud back into his ear.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads