• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Grim Frequencies IC -- COMPLETE

Forged Fury said:
Cyril frowned, suspecting that Otter was likely to employ a heavy amount of editorial license of his words. Thinking about it for a second, he decided he didn't really care. Taking a deep breath, the man launched into an impassioned argument about the efficacy of the team, the nearly insurmountable obstacles that were surmounted, and the shocking lack of care on the part of the government concerning the health and well being of their human assets. Near the end, he added a few sentences about the toy that was recovered. "Then just add whatever tech bits you think are important."

[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], make a Craft (writing) check.

Dusk set in, graduated into full-on dark. The odd brilliant red cardinal flickered outside the kitchen window; the Methodist church had an expansive grassy backside flanked by ornamental fruit trees and professionally landscaped shrubbery dotted with pampas grass. The whole of it was patchwork green and tan in the winter season, but made for an intimate setting. Except the pampas grass; it was eternally dead-looking. The zombie of verge. A wooden picnic table, painted white, sat on a concrete patio from which someone had cleared the last of the snow.

A white sedan wheeled into the parking area behind the fellowship hall. Marks got out of the car, and nodded once to the driver, who took off. Marks came in, looking fatigued. He set down a very large black canvas back on the floor beside the kitchen table. And looked to see who was around. "Anyone game to help with 'ordnance disposal?'" Marks grinned.

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Feral paused his game and set the controller on the floor next to the stack of games in front of the big, expensive tv.

He eyeballed Marks as he entered the kitchen, "What sort of ordinance? And where'd all the food and work out equipment come from?"

Marks elected to respond to Feral's query about the food and equipment first. "I went to Kroger. And the Unit sent the rest. Delivery guys came while you were out. What happened to the SHO?"

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
"Oh, you know, train wrecks, prophecies from blue tooth devices, interrupted shopping trips to save the wrong people at the right time, that sort of thing. So, what's in the bag?"

Marks bent over and wordlessly unzipped the duffel bag. "Weapons. For 'ordnance disposal.' Otherwise known as team bonding. Or training. Take your pick." Marks pulled out rifle. "Heckler and Koch G3. Or so I'm told. Wouldn't know it from Adam." He pointed at the bag. "There's other things in here, too. I think I saw a Glock.'

Marks laid the rifle on the kitchen table. Even in the fellowship hall kitchen's fluorescent light, the burl of its stock gleamed. "We'll go to Greenfield in the morning. There's a range there that the Hancock County Sheriff's Department has agreed we can use. They have some ammunition that needs 'disposing.' And you guys need to learn your way around a firearm, if last night is anything to go by."

Marks frowned, remembering something Feral said just a bit ago. "What do you mean, train wrecks?" His eyes widened a fraction. He groaned. "That was YOU? How do you manage to turn a trip to BEST BUY into a TRAIN WRECK?! Shiesse! Does Garvey know?"

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Egad! The report! lol...I'm as bad at this IC as I was in college OOC :))

[roll0] For Crafting the Writing!

Although Death Otter genuinely intended to make the report informative as well as entertaining, she got rather caught up in her 'fanfic' content, and many of the details of the incident wound up getting less play than perhaps should have been the case. Even so, for those who wished to 'ship' various team members with one another, and passerbys, and other even less probably pairings, it was a fine work indeed. Worthy of a movie adaptation even, though the bar is fairly low-set for that honor.

The report would have to do. Otter spied a typo and a glaring plot machination just as she clicked "send," but the document had already been fired off into the nether regions of the Internet, and was making its way to Garvey's inbox. Alas, the FCC would never learn just who was the "Severus" and who the "Hermione" of the team.

The next day, the sun was late rising. It was dark. Clouds banked the sky, threatening snow. A wind rattled the window panes in the kitchen of the fellowship hall. Marks was up early. He sat in the kitchen with the newspaper and a coffee. "Better take the van today. I'll see if I can get the SHO to the shop while you're in Greenfield at the training facility. The snow is supposed to track north of Indy, so you should be okay to make it to Greenfield. He nudged a vehicle key across the table. "The van has GPS. You'll want to plug in 2769 East U.S. 40, Greenfield, Indiana as the address. It's easy enough to get there. Just pick up Washington Street and head east out of town. Stay on it. Turns into U.S. 40, goes straight through Greenfield. The range is well-marked, on the east side of the town, on the south side of U.S. 40."

Remove ads