Ceramic DM, and you're invited! (Postponed! See post #117)

Arabwel

First Post
All right, I KNOW this is ther stupides question ever,... but just where are we supposed to post the stories when the time comes? *blush*

I will go hide in the corbner now... *slinks off*

orchid blossom

Explorer
Not stupid at all. If you haven't done this before, how would you know?

You'll post your story right in this thread, due exactly 72 hours after the pictures go up.

mythago

Hero
It's also a good idea to keep the judges' e-mail addresses handy, so if the boards crash or you have Web access problems, you can e-mail it to them.

alsih2o

First Post
They yhave you covered Arabwel. Post them right in this thread, or email them to me IF the boards are down or really slow.

My email addy can be found in the first post of this thread. :)

Berandor

lunatic
Also, take a look at the FAQ thread. There are links to stories there, so you can get a feeling for the format.

Some people also link the pictures in their stories; linking works by the following code (url=Address.of.image)This is text(/url). Replace the round brackets () by straight brackets [].
Example:
The image address is
Code:
http://www.enworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13877
link will be (url=http://www.enworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13877)Paul entered the woods(/url)
Result:
Paul walked into the woods

Some people link to images with text, others include an asterisk behind its appearance (Paul walked into the woods *), still others only use footnotes and explain what pic they used at the ennd of the story; some do more than one.

Try to include a double line break between columns (like I did in this post). It enhances readability. And DON'T EDIT YOUR POST. That will automatically disqualify you. If an image link doesn't work, it looks bad, but it would be worse to correct it affter posting.

Two hints for posting correctly:
You can use the preview option in your post.
Look for an old post of yours. Click to Edit. Copy the original text into a text file. Paste your story, submit edit. Look at the published story, correct mistakes. Edit the post back to original state, post corrected story here. The reason why you should use an old post is that no discussion is derailed by the sudden appearance of a fictional story. You can also do this ith posts on a differend message board, of course.

carpedavid

First Post
mythago said:
I could actually go today if carpedavid is around, otherwise, not till Thursday.

I would have been around yesterday, if it weren't for my stupid DSL crapping out. *grumble*

Very late Thursday or anytime after works for me to get ingrediants.

alsih2o

First Post
I am SUCH a tease. :eek:

Attachments

• fishhead.JPG
    fishhead.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 90

Remove ads