Ceramic DM - Spring 2005 (Late Bloomer) - Signups complete

reveal

Adventurer
Well, I just got beat in the first round of Iron DM (congrats again Wulf :)) and have some free time. Sign me up!

Berandor

lunatic
So for the newcomers: We need 8-12 contestants, and joined so far have:

1. Firelance
2. Berandor
3. MarauderX
4. Herreman the Wise
5. reveal
6. WinnipegDragon
7. RangerWickett
8. Speaker
(Macbeth - probably 4th judge)

Seems two spots at least are still open. So join already! :)

Last edited:

BSF

Explorer
It's only been 10 hours. It looks like we already have a few new competitors so I am happy. I figure some people will want to read the FAQ and think about it. Others probably just haven't logged in yet. We have a week to get it all worked out though. :)

Speaker

First Post
I haven't been around for a long while - but I drop in, and what do I see? Ceramic DM.

Ach, I'm having a lazy summer, replete with long sojourns on the beach and a total lack of any real creativity. If you'll have me, I'd like to try my hand back in the Ceramic Arena.

BSF

Explorer
Just a little bump for the later evening crowd and a little more information sharing.

Macbeth has volunteered to act as our Fourth Judge. Woot!

Here is the deal with that. Macbeth will be asked to provide critiques, but he will not provide a vote on a story unless asked to. With three judges, we avoid tie situations. However, if we end up accepting 12 competitors, we have the possibility of a three way tie in the first round matches. If we have a tie, we will ask Macbeth to provide a vote for which story advances to the second round. As well, Macbeth will be available if something unexpected happens to one of the three active judges. He can then step into place as an active judge.

In essence, he is the judging safety net. :)

However, he is a judge and he is available to make decisions for sliding alternates into the competition and answering questions.

That brings our Judging panel to BardStephenFox, Maldur, Rodrigo Istalindir and Macbeth.

Bibliophile

First Post
So in my spare time, I'm thinking, "let's check what's on ENWorld" and the first thing I see is a new Ceramic DM. I did it once, and I'm back again to compete. Sign me up!

BSF

Explorer
Bibliophile, right now I will note you as the first alternate. If we get a few more people and we bump the contest to 12 people, then you will be competitor #9.

Judges: BardStephenFox, Maldur, Rodrigo Istalindir, Macbeth

Competitors:
  1. Firelance
  2. Berandor
  3. MarauderX
  4. Herreman the Wise
  5. reveal
  6. WinnipegDragon
  7. RangerWickett
  8. Speaker
Alternates or extended Competitors:
  1. Bibliophile
  2. BigTom

Folks, feel free to signup. We are still trying to decide if we will be expanding the competition. As well, somebody might have something come up and need to drop out.

Last edited:

Remove ads