• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ceramic DM - Spring 2005 (Late Bloomer) - We have a winner.

reveal

Adventurer
BardStephenFox said:
Round 2, Match 2 - 5 pictures, 6000 words max, 72 hours
Rangerwickett vs reveal

Here you go gentlemen. Five special pictures, just for you. We will see you in 72 hours, or less.

YOWZAS! :confused:

MarauderX

Explorer
Hey, thanks for the great competition. I had nothing with those pics, and it showed. Sorry Rodrigo, I couldn't come up with as a good a use for them as reveal, and that's what it's all about. Perhaps we'll get to square off in the future, if I'm lucky. Good luck, and take this thing from Berandor! :p :p :)

Last edited:

Interestingly, my ex-girlfriend once told me, "Chicken is the best vegetable."

This should be fun, but I should have realized that 72 hours puts the end of this round smack in the middle of my D&D game. No worries, though. I should be able to finish by 5 that afternoon.

Macbeth

First Post
Those have to be some of me favorite CDM pictures ever. Military Chicken... CRazy guys in black-and-white... Love 'em.

BSF

Explorer
It should be noted that these pictures were pretty much dedicated to the illustrious Alsih2o. Heck, he provided one of the pics many months ago. :) But these pictures all made me think, "I bet Alsih2o would dig that pic." I hope I am right.

BSF

Explorer
Nope, Alsih2o bowed out of competing because he knew he would have 'other engagements'. Probably stuff like moving across states and setting up shop, little things like that. :)

Are the pictures throwing you that much for a loop? I remember that happening to me once. I got fixated on the chile in one of the pictures and I couldn't stop thinking about salsa.

Mmmmmm, Salsa.

I ended up giving in to the fixation and tried to integrate it into the story. It kind of worked.

I think I've discovered the hardest part of judging....it's letting go of the story ideas the pictures spark in me and not looking at the entries as competition.

I would have loved to have that last set.

Berandor

lunatic
No, the pics are good.

I have a story, even, but it... writes... so... slowly...

It's as if I was trying to catch the words with a butterfly net that had holes in it big enough for them to escape again. They're fluttering all around me, and I get exhausted, and then I see just another fifty words written down.

I could lay down and sleep, even though I slept 9 hours. Maybe it's my body catching up (since I'm off work), but no matter what it is - I want it to stop :D

I think if I ever get to the end of that thing, I'll just post it here without a second look, just to get rid of it.

Remove ads