Ceramic DM - Spring 2005 (Late Bloomer) - We have a winner.

BSF

Explorer
If you two want to go at it in a super-special write off round, I still have pictures. I bet I could drum up some judges willing to handle that round as well.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'm pleased to comment that not once, but twice this last week, I got to sit up with sialia and Mythago and talk about writing until 2 am. Err, 4 am. something like that.

Glee. Best vacation in five years.

BSF

Explorer
Sure, taunt me like that.

Mythago, Piratecat and Sialia all sitting around talking about writing. That would be cool. Aside from the fact that I have never once met any of those folks personally, and I would absolutely love to, but they are all damn fine writers. *sigh*

BSF

Explorer
Sadly no I won't. I really wanted to this year but I just won't make it. That whole annoying work thing and all.

I do have a good number of EN Publishing products. Nearly 2 dozen I believe. :D To be honest, Tournaments, Fairs and Taverns, and the Taverner's Trusty Tome are my favorites. But EOMrev, and Steam & Steel are very good as well.

Actually, the 'products' thing was a reference to BASF. For a while they had these commercials about how they make lots of products people use even better. I had a brain hiccup and thought the company's name was BSF.

orchid blossom

Explorer
Piratecat said:
I'm pleased to comment that not once, but twice this last week, I got to sit up with sialia and Mythago and talk about writing until 2 am. Err, 4 am. something like that.

I miss all the fun!

Sounds like a great vacation, glad you had a good time. :)

Macbeth

First Post
Maldur said:
Damn your at worldcon, I triple damn the pesons that DID NOT tell me it would be now, and did not tell me who would be attending.

(sorry long story)
Wow, I thought about posting an ENWorld Worldcon thread, but never got around to it. Too bad.

I'm actually at the Last day of the Con now, having a great time (found some awesome dice, among other things), and I lvoe Glasgow, wonderful city. Leaving for LOndon tomorrow. I'll have to check out the Ceramic DM Collection that En Publishing put out when I get back.

Berandor

lunatic
Piratecat said:

Glee. Best vacation in five years.
Come back and taunt me a second time, will you?

mythago said:
> throw gauntlet

You are not holding the gauntlet.

> take gauntlet from briefcase

Okay.

> throw gauntlet

What do you want to throw the gauntlet at?

> throw gauntlet at Berandor

The gauntlet flies through the air and hits Berandor on the noggin.

> beckon berandor
Now you've swapped secrets with Piratecat and sialia you think you're unbeatable, don't you?

Well, you're probably right, but at least I can say I chose my downfall.

Berandor recoils from the gauntlet's impact.
"Ow! That hurt! Why do you carry a gauntlet in your briefcase, anyway?" He rubs his reddening right cheek. "Is that how you file a lawsuit in your part of town?

"I.. I guess what you're saying is, I was a little unfair up there. Well, how was I supposed to know you'd read that? I thought you were busy." Berandor grumbles something that sounds like "busy discussing writing late at night". He picks up the glove and hands it back to mythago, brushing off dirt as he does.

"Here. No harm done, right? I mean, you got your glove back, and I've got my quill," he pats his breast pocket reassuringly. Suddenly, his face freezes. From the breast pocket, he draws what looks like a bent bird feather.

"You broke it! You broke my quill! Well, that's it." He lovingly caresses the feather before putting it carefully away. "You can't just break a man's quill and expect to get away with it. You may be the better writer, but that doesn't give you the right to... to..." Berandor is unable to finish his sentence as he starts crying vehemently. After a short interlude of sobs, he wipes his nose on his sleeve and looks at mythago with red eyes, sorrow and anger warring with each other.

"It's on!"

Last edited:

Remove ads