Ceramic DM Winter 07 (Final Judgment Posted)

maxfieldjadenfox

First Post
I wake up with a start. At first I think I must be sleepwalking since I am no longer in my cozy bed, but in the open somewhere. As I walk, I see that I am actually in someone's back yard. There is what appears to be a garage straight ahead, overhung by a large tree that might be an elm. There is a peculiar flickering against the side of the garage, and as I get closer, I realize I've seen something like this before. The pictures that flash onto the garage are out of focus, but I recognize them. Ceramic DM pictures, not just from the recent round, but from every round I've ever written in. Even the pictures from the rounds I judged are showing up. As they flash by, I find myself feeling all sad and angst ridden. "I could have done that one better credit," I think as image after image taunts me with unfulfilled promise. Finally I can take it no longer. I walk into the circle of light where Herremann the Wise stands, surrounded by judging imps, Lady Death in his hand, thrumming for blood. I nod at Herremann. The gnoph at the projector casts a withering gaze at me. I refuse to be withered. "You have called me, and I have come."
I kneel next to the altar and expose my throat. One of the more fragile judging imps faints from the excitement. Herremann steps forward and draws his hand along the top of the blade. He gazes at me, a smile playing about his lips.
"Maxfield Jaden Fox. My Lady is hungry. Any last words before her hunger is slaked?" I look at him, give a faint smile myself and say, "I'll be back." The blade flashes across my throat and I

Berandor

lunatic
yangnome said:
Match 2:
Berandor vs. PirateCat
I must be schizophrenic, because this is like a dream and a nightmare at the same time.

No. Wait. It's only a nightmare.

Well, you know what they say: If you want to be champion, you gotta beat them all. I would have wanted Piratecat to submit more than just two entries, but...

Edit: And congrats to BSF and carpedavid for advancing. I'll echo what Herreman said: I hope the unfortunate ones stay with the thread and do some gossiping and commenting.

Last edited:

carpedavid

First Post
BSF said:
Hey CarpeDavid,
It looks like you and I get a rematch from way back when. *smile*

Indeed! I'm looking forward to it. Great competition makes for great stories. :D

Timewise, I think I can make just about anything work. CarpeDavid, do you have a preference?

Starting Sunday would be best, but any time after that would also work.

carpedavid

First Post
maxfieldjadenfox said:
Thanks so much to the judges! The criticism portion of the competition is always helpful, and ya'll were pretty kind to me. Carpedavid, lovely writing! It was great competing with you and I'll be watching the rest of the competition (and commenting, of course) and looking forward to the next CDM whenever it may be.

Thanks, MaxfieldJadenFox, for the tough competition! I wasn't previously familiar with your writing, but I know now that I'll be very nervous should we ever meet again. :D

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Auggh! BSF is back! He's like a zombie or something! Shoot for the head, everyone, shoot for the head, and don't let him eat your brains.

:D

Berandor, when would you like to lose compete? My ideal time to get photos would be Friday night or Saturday morning.

Last edited:

Miles Pilitus

First Post
mythago said:
Monday is a holiday*, so anytime that crosses over Sat-Mon is fine.

*defined as, "technically everything is closed, so when I am in the office, I don't deal with as many interruptions"
That timeframe will work for me as well.

FickleGM

Explorer
Good luck to all the remaining participants. While I may not have much in the form of comments, I will be following along and reading your stories with interest.

tadk

Explorer
Weekdays

Rodrigo Istalindir said:
I'd prefer to start Sunday or Monday, but I'm flexible.
I am better during the week personally, weekends I get no writing done at all, but will bow to the image placement.

Good Luck worthy opponent, with luck and a little typing I won't be quite the pushover I have been to you in the past :)

maxfieldjadenfox

First Post
carpedavid said:
Thanks, MaxfieldJadenFox, for the tough competition! I wasn't previously familiar with your writing, but I know now that I'll be very nervous should we ever meet again. :D

Most of my CDM writing was consumed by the great post fire... :( Thanks for the kind words though.

Berandor

lunatic
Piratecat said:
Auggh! BSF is back! He's like a zombie or something! Shoot for the head, everyone, shoot for the head, and don't let him eat your brains.

:D

Berandor, when would you like to lose compete? My ideal time to get photos would be Friday night or Saturday morning.
I don't much care as long as it's after today. Really, take your pick, at least then you cannot blame timing. I guess I'll have to look for an avatar for round three, already.

Now, let's just hope the remote control I put on Lady Death during my recent stint as emergency judge works.
Did I say that out loud?

Remove ads