• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CG vs. CN: Chaotic Good Is Victorious!

Infiniti2000

First Post
Gansk said:
If dispel magic is an abjuration, then it affects ethereal beings.
I put my comment in quotes because that's what the rules say. It implies that there are abjuration spells that don't affect ethereal beings. You're stating that all abjurations affect ethereal beings, which is different.

Anyway, GP concentrates defensively on invisibility purge and Vorel becomes visible. He then layers a quickened chain lightning on Vorel and takes a 5ft-step to the northwest.

Crabby then attacks Vorel, enjoying the lack of invisibility.

Both await the negative levels.

Gansk

Explorer
The only rules I can see are DMG p.293 and PHB p.228. Neither one uses your quote, so I don't know where that quote is stated.

Vorel is not affected by the lightning (32 CL check).

Crabby hits once for 26.

Vorel starts round 29 with 425 hp left.

Infiniti2000

First Post
It's in the SRD under Planes and in Manual of the Planes, pg. 54 under the "Normal Magic" heading.

Of course, it's not till just now I realize that movement on the ethereal plane is at half-speed.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Gansk, Infiniti[sblock]I thought Crabby acts before General Prometheus. Why would Crabby wait for GP to act when GP does not control Crabby?[/sblock]

Gansk

Explorer
In the context of the sentence, the phrase "abjurations that affect ethereal beings" could be interpreted as "instead of abjurations that affect ethereal objects". I don't see any evidence to dispute that all abjurations work on the ethereal plane.

PJSlavner:[sblock]The crab has an intelligence of 3 and can understand common. GP can simply say "Hold on, I will help you.", and crab could accept the suggestion.[/sblock]

Infiniti2000

First Post
I have them at:

Vorel: 60n50e
Crabby: 20n45e
Prometheus: 65n80e
Celestial Charger: 55n85e in the ethereal plane (which you obviously can see)

I still protest the ruling on the targeted dispel magic in the ethereal plane, btw. ;)

Gansk

Explorer
I'm not sure if Vorel was at 65N50E or 65N60E, but I have him at 65N, not 60N.

I have GP taking a 5 foot step northwest from 65N80E (which would be 70N75E), but he wouldn't be able to do that if Vorel was at 60E.

But we can use I2K's positions if nobody has an issue with them.

Infiniti2000

First Post
"I can't take anymore of this broken dragon, I give up."

Before Vorel can react again, General Prometheus turns and runs to the edge and taps out.

[sblock] April Fools! :heh: [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads