Dragonlance Champions of Krynn: A Free Adventure From Dragonlance Nexus

Dragonlance fan-site, Dragonlance Nexus, has released a free 28-page adventure based on the 1990 video game.

FC204DBB-F4C6-4911-A9A5-3E600D261F5C.jpeg

I am pleased to announce that a long awaited dream is actually coming to reality today. This chapter is created in the spirit of the original 90s gold box game, but is not the same tactical game that I spent hundreds of hours playing through. The locations, the people, the story is still intact but many of these things have been expanded.

As an avid lover of Dragonlance, Dungeons & Dragons, and the original gold box games, I can’t wait for a new generation to dive into the game and hear their tales.

Chapter 2 is well into the final stage of the writing process and Chapter 3 has begun to be outlined for playtesting. It’s a good day to be a fan of Dragonlance and through your support we can continue this process, so thank you.

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 11.34.02 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

I guess this is not only a wink for the fandom, but a test to know the reaction, and we can agree this is wellcome.

I wonder about the potential value of republishing remastered/updated/recycled/redesigned of old videogames. The work for the software wouldn't be harder than a game for mobiles, and the time would be less than a year, adding some retouchs to improve the gameplay or to can customice with alternate skins the look of the PCs. Some gamers like titles with a retro/vintage/pixel art look.

840_560.jpeg

Man, if someone makes a 5e version of the FR Gold Box Pools series, I would be on it in a heartbeat. I've dabbled in doing it myself, but it's a big project to do it all, as well as creating a more structured storyline that brings everything from all four games together cohesively...

That being said, I like the Krynn ones as well, so I'll need to take a look at this...
I'm genuinely surprised Pool of Radiance hasn't been done. It is such a great sandbox city adventure.

Baumi

Adventurer
That was my first D&D Game. Played it even before my first Pen and Paper D&D Session (I started with "The Dark Eye" one or two years before that) 8D

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
I'm genuinely surprised Pool of Radiance hasn't been done. It is such a great sandbox city adventure.

It was, it was an old-school 1e mod, FRC1, Ruins of Adventure. FRC2 was Curse of the Azure Bonds, its sequel. I'm guessing nobody thought highly enough of Secret of the Silver Blades to convert it (why was there an ice cave full of hundreds of 14th-level fighters and wizards?), which is kind of a pity, as Pools of Darkness would have made a great high-level mod, what with the spider dimension and moving around Moander's heart while avoiding his cardiac cycle. (Yes, really. The local villain was hiding in the left ventricle.)

Ed Mekeel

Steward of the Kingfishers
I couldn't make it out on their site, but... is this WotC sanctioned? The site lists itself as unofficial, and I could easily see an immediately CaD sent out. Don't get me wrong, I personally hate that WotC has shut out use of a lot of D&D setting, and would love to see many of them sourced out to content creators (especially to the original designer). That's not the direction they've gone, however, so unless this is official, I'd be hesitant to jump for joy :confused:
Hi there, I work with the Nexus and did the layout and helped edit this book. WotC knows we exist and we're allowed to use the IP as long as we don't sell it. Once Dragonlance is allowed on the DM's Guild we'll be putting our items on there as well. This is free and totally legal.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
Hi there, I work with the Nexus and did the layout and helped edit this book. WotC knows we exist and we're allowed to use the IP as long as we don't sell it. Once Dragonlance is allowed on the DM's Guild we'll be putting our items on there as well. This is free and totally legal.

Awesome man! Myrtani had my favorite bad guy speech from the games.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases