• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Changing Game Systems

arscott

First Post
Kitsune: Thanks for the tips on Pathfinder. We're going to keep looking into that one. As for Warhammer, we hadn't even thought of it. I'm going to throw it out on the table and see what the rest of the group thinks.
Kitsune suggested the 2nd edition of Warhammer FRP, but check out the newest edition as well. I've been running a regular campaign for a bit now and it's been a lot of fun.

Shades of Green

First Post
I'll suggest Traveller, either the Mongoose Publishing edition or the Classic reprints. It is a (relatively) rules-light interstellar sci-fi RPG inspired by 1960's-1970's sci-fi classics such as Asimov's Foundation and Niven's Known Space. The rules are quite modifiable so you can easily adapt Traveller to a wide variety of sci-fi settings as you desire. And even with the core alone you can play interstellar mercenaries, space traders, space pirates, interstellar explorers and many other sci-fi adventure campaigns.

ancientvaults

Explorer
Barbarians of Lemuria, .vs Monsters, Peryton Rpg and Burning Wheel and/or any of the D&D retro-clones (like Labyrinth Lord, Swords & Wizardry, Basic Fantasy RPG, etc) I will toss into the ring.

nedjer

Adventurer
I'll suggest Traveller, either the Mongoose Publishing edition or the Classic reprints. It is a (relatively) rules-light interstellar sci-fi RPG inspired by 1960's-1970's sci-fi classics such as Asimov's Foundation and Niven's Known Space. The rules are quite modifiable so you can easily adapt Traveller to a wide variety of sci-fi settings as you desire. And even with the core alone you can play interstellar mercenaries, space traders, space pirates, interstellar explorers and many other sci-fi adventure campaigns.

I'll second, no third, Traveller or a comparable fantasy like Treasure.

Alternatively, if you want to stay with the crunchy then Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader and Deathwatch are a bundle of laughs - though not for your marines.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads