• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chaos Scar!

OchreJelly

First Post
Hooray! I'm excited about this project. Inspired by Keep on the Borderlands? Sign me up please :) I skimmed through the article and the "Stick in the Mud" adventure, and am pleased with what I see so far.

It's my hope that the individual adventures will provide clues or hooks to the other locations in the valley. Since this is designed as more of a sandbox style, it would be nice if the players knew at least a little bit about some of the different caves rather than picking them at random. Also, I wonder what the scale of the valley map is supposed to be...

OchreJelly

First Post
I should add that I am thrilled by the parcel presentation in "Stick in the Mud". This is exactly how I hoped it would be since it's easier to have the treasure listed in one place with suggestions on placement. Frankly I wished all the published adventures used this method.

darjr

I crit!
Very cool.

Won't this get put together in the magazine PDF?

At first I didn't realize this was the sandboxish thing, boy I'm glad I decided to check out this thread.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I liked the first-effort "Stick in the Mud," its a nice little string of encounters (probably needed at least a little role-playing opportunities, but it was interesting for what it was), plus it brought back the mud men, which are one of my favorite monsters from the 1e MM2.

A very good idea. Last month i wanted to play just a little bit 1st level D&D 4e with friends who knew all my first level adventures i can easily play on the fly... and this kind of adventure was hat i searched for then in the online magazines... ;)

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I find the very limited information given on the "scar" both frustrating and intriguing.

But I guess that is the point.

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Hi all,

I'm really excited about the Chaos Scar campaign, especially since Stick in the Mud marks my first appearance in Dungeon. :p

BD

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads