[Character Creation] [VtR] nWoD Vampire Game

Jemal

Adventurer
No, not myself - I've played myself in campaigns before, And It's not as fun as it sounds, though it can be entertaining (Short term). I just like the concept of a mortal who studies vampires and then tries to become one b/c he's become obsessed with them.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Sorry I haven't been too active in the thread thus far; my schedule at the beginning of the week is horrible, but lightens up a bit on Wednesdays.

I've been thinking about a character, and I think I'd like to do something like a high school teenager--probably a loner from an abusive home or something. Probably a female, and a stereotypical goth.

I've got a back story in mind, and will start on it this afternoon, but as far as vampire traits go, I'm completely at a loss. Am I picking her clan or are you? If I am, are there any suggestions? She'll be more intelligent, less social, and faster than she is strong. From the cursory glance I've given the different clans, I'm thinking Mekhet?

Input would be greatly appreciated.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
I am going to try to put someting to gether within the next day or two. I am still not too sure if I am leaning towards smuggler or techie.

If someone is creating a thief, my character could fill the role of a fencer. Knows who to talk to in order and where to go to get the best deals for 'acquired' goods.

Just thought.

-Blood

industrygothica

Adventurer
Beth Johansen

[sblock=Background]They were fighting again, and their screams rang out through the night like a blast from a shotgun.

Beth stood in the driveway of their middle-class home, leaning up against the rear bumper of her mother’s SUV staring out into the empty street in front of her. Black tears streaked down her face, ruining the gothic make-up she spent so much time on.

“Figures,” she said to herself as she wiped it away, leaving an angry streak across her face and hand. She’d gotten into the lifestyle a few years ago, enjoying the freedom that being a goth offered. People stayed away from you, expected you to be weird and overemotional… suicidal.

She’d never do it, she knew. She hated life, but was too scared to die, at least by her own hand. She’d hoped for an accident, or even a disease to help her along, and engaged in the appropriate behavior to give it a kick start. The only thing she got out of that was a nice new addiction: adrenaline. Playing on the highway, walking on the ledges of the tall buildings downtown, or unprotected sex, if she wasn’t supposed to be doing it, she was.

And she kept on living.

The screams got louder, fiercer. It would come eventually, the inevitable sound flesh to flesh-she never knew who’d be slapping who-and that’d be the end of it, just like that.

Until tomorrow.

She gazed up into the stars, one final tearfall splattering on the concrete by her feet. She didn’t say it, but her thoughts echoed louder than any words ever could have.

God, take me.[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Code:
Virtue: Hope
Vice: Lust

[b]Attributes[/b]

Intelligence.....***        Strength.........**         Presence.........***
Wits.............***        Dexterity........***        Manipulation.....**
Resolve..........**         Stamina..........**         COmposure........*

[b]Skills[/b]

[b]Mental (11)[/b]
Acedemics.....***
Computer......***
Occult........*** (specialty: witchcraft)
Science.......**

[b]Physical (4)[/b]
Athletics.....**
Stealth.......**

[b]Social (7)[/b]
Animal Ken....*
Empathy.......** (specialty: lies)
Persuasion....**
Subterfuge....** (specialty: lying)
-------------------------------------

[b]Merits[/b]
Common Sense....****
Eidetic Memory..**
Fleet of Foot...*

[b]Health:[/b] *******
[b]Willpower:[/b] ***
[b]Humanity:[/b] 7

[b]Age[/b] 17
[b]Size[/b] 5
[b]Speed[/b] 11
[b]Initiative[/b] 4
[b]Defense[/b] 3
[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
WarShrike said:
Industrygothica, you're missing 1 Attribute dot. You've got 2 at 4 dots and 1 at 3 dots.

Cool. Thanks for looking it over for me. I'm surprised that's all I missed, this being the first WoD character I've ever made. Please, let me know if there's anything else.

Graf

Explorer
Some stuff about Clans

I'm actually still a bit swamped for the next 72 so my responses may get shorter (which may be like "becoming normal sized").

industrygothica
You character looks great.
industrygothica said:
>Eidetic Memory..**
What a terrible merit to have if you haven't got any happy memories.

industrygothica said:
I've got a back story in mind, and will start on it this afternoon, but as far as vampire traits go, I'm completely at a loss. Am I picking her clan or are you? If I am, are there any suggestions? She'll be more intelligent, less social, and faster than she is strong. From the cursory glance I've given the different clans, I'm thinking Mekhet?
More than fair, you've come a brilliant distance so far. I think you're character is evocative but simple (while still having some nice depth and roleplaying opportunities).
Honestly I'm also happy that she's female (obviously gender isn't a massive factor in Vampire but it's nice to have a bit of diversity). (I'll take more diversity btw, if people have ideas that flow that way).

Here's how I see it:
Before the game "officially begins" the player and the ST (me) work together to make a character. We work until everyone comes to an agreement. The game offically begins -after- the characters are embraced. Choices, especially choices like clan, have a big impact on your character and their development (it's better than in oWoD, where it could be the overwhelming characteristic but it still can invalidate valid character choices).
Those choices I want you to have feedback on. Some people, have indicated that they're willing to let me pick but would prefer something (Warshrike prefers Skyler be Nos I think), some will take anything but would prefer not X (i.e. Diego doesn't work well as a Ventrue), some people will want to specify.
Some people have indicated they want to play preludes (i.e. roleplay before the game begins) that is something I'd like to do, I don't know if I can run seven of them at once, and still get the game going. I see that as part of the discussion between the player and ST about character development.

Mehket works well with your character concept and is a good clan to play. They have an excellent selection of extremely useful disciplines (Auspex especially).

If the group winds up being "balanced" with a range of abilities that is fine, but I really don't care. This isn't DnD, the dungeon doesn't require a careful combination of classes to advance.
The kinds of characters you choose to play will effectively decide how the game works out. If people are tricksy and sneaky the game will take on that sort of cast.

I should say that (I don't think this is going to happen) if the group winds up being composed mostly of combat monsters (i.e. people with no problem solving/deductive skills) you'd probably find yourselves in a lot of painful, unbalanced fights.
It's not a law or anything, but, if I run the game properly, there will be some layers.

Does that help?

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Hey reaper, it's been a while.

Since then there's been a few world of darkness games. A Masquerade game set in the 20s that never got off the ground was the most recent. Before that there were Tokiwong's games, a Mage one and a Werewolf one. Can't distinctly remember anything before that.

Remove ads