Character for "Anything Goes" Campaign

FoxWander

Adventurer
Bushi/ninja/deodanth/ fighter-cleric/ thiefmage!! Sorry that was my most infamous munchkins standard character idea. And I'm almost serious.

My preference is for little guys who can kick butt and take names, but nobody knows that so they get underestimated. How about a Kobold half-dragon sorcerer or barbarian. Or heck, make it half GOLD dragon and go paladin! You'd probably still look very kobold-like, and thus be way underestimated, but put one of those 18s in Strength and you'll have a 24! The half-dragon bonus cancels out the Kobold's Con penalty so you'll have +2 to everything but that and Wisdom. Golds get a 6d10 cone of fire breath weapon and immunity to fire. If you go sorcerer you can drop fireballs at your own feet! And between small size and natural armor you'll have +5 to AC. Not to mention natural bite and claw attacks. Pretty kick arse for a little guy. Wait till somebody picks him up to make fun of the "puny kobold" and you breath fire in their face! :D

smetzger

Explorer
Cedric said:
I'm thinking...Ogre Mage Monk

I mean, sure, you are a +7 ecl race. But Ogre Magi special abilities combined with monk class features and you are rocking.

Reach
Natural Armor
Great Stat Adjustments
High natural damage
Spell Resistance

Sick man...just sick...

Of course you want to add the half-fiend template.

reapersaurus

First Post
my personal take:
this kind of setup is more trouble than it's worth.
The possibilities are just about endless, and there are so many broken feats and spells and races out there in D20 land, that unless the D is going to be interested in nerfing the best stuff you come up with, than the 'combats' would be just silly.

I saw this firsthand after the SMACK munchkin game on the boards, and it continues in places like RPOL's Arena game.

Michael Tree

First Post
Numion said:
Any purely story-based characters will be wasted on this kind of campaign. I can create a story-based one for the next campaign - for this one it would just be swimming upstream and just as disrupting as building a munchkinized combat monster for an RP-heavy campaign.

Every playing style has it's place, and we've decided it's time for powergaming. Why be the rebel and try to disrupt the game?
I think you may have misunderstood die_kluge's point. (Either that or I did. :D)

When making an uber-character, what kinds of uber-character would you like to play? What sorts of powerful character concepts appeal to you as a roleplayer? Why not make an interesting character that's also extremely powerful, rather than trying to find the most powerful game mechanics and then shoehorning in a character concept and personality to fit the uber-stats.

Moe Ronalds

First Post
Troll Fighter.

With leprosy.

Take weapon focus: arm, and then just wait for your limbs to drop off. Once they regrow, not only do you pummel people to death with them, but they get a nice little flesh-rotting disease to go with it.

Cedric

First Post
Ogre mage monk I'm telling you. No other templates, cause ecl+7 is high enough. Drop an 18 in Dex, put your other 18 in Wisdom, your next highest in strength, then con, then int, then charisma.

You're bab is going to be fairly low, so it's going to be important for you to get an item that basically gives you +5 attack/dmg with natural weapons. (amulet of might fists I think?).

With that and some bracers of armor you should be golden.

With your ecl you are going to gain class abilities slowly, but geez, you are going to start with d8 damage from fists, cause you are large. You might want a magical quarter staff scaled for your size if you are using 3.5 rules.

With innate fly, and invisibility at will, along with regeneration and spell resistance...it's just gross!

Clueless

Webmonkey
Moe Ronalds said:
Troll Fighter.

With leprosy.

Take weapon focus: arm, and then just wait for your limbs to drop off. Once they regrow, not only do you pummel people to death with them, but they get a nice little flesh-rotting disease to go with it.

Which would work....

If leprosy weren't non-contagious to 99% of the population. ;)
You have to have a genetic vulnerability to the disease before it can set in on you.

Now... a troll *mummy* fighter... ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads