• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character levelled 1 through 20...have you?

Drowbane

First Post
Janus "Drowbane" Nasadra, 1st - 13th in 2e. Another in the group had a Fighter 12 / Wizard 18... he rarely DMed.

In 3e+ I've never had a character who started at 1st last longer than 6th level... the games seem to die out too quick. Our planescape campaign started at level 12 and just hit level 16. As a DM, I usually start a game at 3rd or 6th. I'm entirely done with level 1 :p

Treebore said:
Since you mentioned Epic I presume you mena in 3E only?

3e isn't the first edition to have rules for over 20th.

Thurbane

First Post
Treebore said:
Since you mentioned Epic I presume you mena in 3E only?

So my answer is two. Both under the same DM. Two diffferent DM's, one for each character, but the character progressed under hte same DM it was started with.

Time? About 6 months of playing every Friday, frequently on Saturday as well.

If I were to include 1E and 2E I would have to say at least a dozen.
Nope, despite my mention of epic, I mean any incarnation of D&D. ;)

drothgery

First Post
I've had quite a few characters make it from 1 to somewhere between 12 and 14 where the game died off (all in 3e; in the 2e games I played in college, I had a bad habbit of losing my character sheets over the summer). And I'm playing in a game that's gone from 1 to 17 where two characters are still there from the beginning, but mine's not one of them (I'm on my third, one other guy is on his second, and one guy has been raised twice; the half-orc fighter/barbarian has been turned to stone twice, but she's never died).

Levels 1-17 is the closest that I have ever gotten to taking a character from level 1-20. This was back in 2E and it took at least a couple of years of playing regularly once a fortnight. The character is still alive but I doubt I'll ever play him again as the group I played him in broke up many, many years ago.

Olaf the Stout

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
The character I started the game with (1991 & w/1st Ed) hit 30th level last night. Using the variant epic rules from SSS Advanced Players Guide.

Elven Wizard. ;) :cool:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Farthest I ever advanced was last year's final fanstasy inspired game. Started level 1, and ended the school year at 14 and very close to 15. Now that college is about to start again, we should be able to finish. The DM said from the start he expects us to end at level 18, since that's the first level we'll have 9th level spells (spontaneous casters only; Sorcerer, Favored Soul/Healer mix, and tricked out Bard to be exact). We advanced super-fast last semester cause we were supposed to finish the game. Otherwise, no way would we have climbed so quickly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads