• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Charwoman Gene's Scales of War (IC)

EvolutionKB

First Post
Kazim

Kazim, seeing more hobs rush in does his best to protect the commoners. Seeing the goblinoid with the torch, Kazim does his best to get to that one. He strides forward, leaping upon the table, skirting the edge and circling around until the he stands face to face with the torch-wielder.

[sblock=atheletics]Nat 20 on athletics check to jump on table and move around. move line: S9, R8, R7, R6, s5, t6. Puts me right in front of the torch wielder. Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

After getting into position the genasi holds his blade above his head and shouts an arcane syllable. A blast of force assaults those enemies around him. He then waves his hand at one of the creatures, and a shield briefly materializes in front of Kalon.

[sblock=Actions]After the move, I'll use sword burst on the enemies near me. I'll then mark the hob in U8 with my aegis of shielding(no other marks stack). Attacks starting with t7, going clockwise. 19, 15, 20 to hit reflex. 9 damage to each. Roll Lookup

[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]Hit Points 29
Bloodied 14
Surge Value 7
Healing Surges 10

Defenses:
Armor Class 19
Fortitude 13
Reflex 14
Will 13

:melee:Booming Blade (Longsword +7 vs AC, 1d8+4, if opp moves away 1d6+2 thunder damage)
:close:Sword Burst (Longsword +4 vs Ref, Burst 1, 1d6+4 to all enemies in burst)
:close:Aegis of shielding(minor action, close burst 2): Target is marked and takes a -2 to attack targets other than me. If marked creature attacks and hits a creature, I can use an immediate interrupt to prevent 7 damage from that attack.

:close:Earthshock(reliable), Close burst 1, +4 vs Fort(con based), 1d8 damage and knocks prone
:close:Flame Cyclone, Close blast 3, +4 vs Ref, 1d8+5 fire damage (expended)

:melee:Frost Backlash(Immed interrupt, a creature hits you, Longsword +7 vs reflex, 3d8+4 cold damage, miss: half damage) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Mogryn looks distastefully at the grunt in front of him and growls, If you keep me from feasting on the goblin behind you, I'll make your death more painful! The curse is punctuated by a swing of his heavy blade, which once again passes through armor and ends a life. With a howl of victory, he charges past his downed opponent and attempts to strike the goblin as well.

[sblock=ooc] Standard: Recuperating Strike vs. Grunt in U8, hits AC 21 for 8 damage, Mogryn gains 3 temporary hit points.
Free Action: Swift Charge the goblin with howling strike, hits AC 16 for 12 damage[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP 34/31
Speed 7
Action Points 1
Perception 18
Insight 11

Defenses
AC 16
Fort 15
Ref 13
Will 11

Swift Charge [x]
Ferocious Charge []
Great Cleave []

Bloodhunt Rage []
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lukeworm

First Post
Horatio

Horatio turn towards the door in surprise as he hears it shattering.
His wineglass slip from his hand as Kazim, Mogryn and keyleth charge past him.
Before he can gather his senses all that’s left of the hobgoblins are four scorched bodies.
“This is a quiet village, I’m sure such brutes don’t regularly show up here” he speaks aloud
more to reassure himself then to anyone in particular.
What was it they yelled “For the Hand… For Sinruth…” it sound familiar
but the rush of adrenaline clouds his mind for the moment.

Just then more hobgoblins burst in to the tavern from the front and back door!
seeing that the hobgoblins at the front are taken care of Horatio moves to the
back in hope of stopping the ones there. With a wave of his hand he hurls
a ray of ice cold air at the first hobgoblin.
[sblock=OOC]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Hp 24/24
Surges 8 (Surge Value 6)

Perception 14
Insight 17

AC 14
Fort 13
Ref 15
Will 15

Action Point 1
2nd Wind 1
Orb of Imposition 1
Icy Terrain 1
Sleep 1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Keyleth

With the situation at the entrance seemingly under control, Keyleth heads around the fireplace to see where the other noises are coming from (Move to O6). Since the hobgoblins near the back entrance are too far away for her divine powers, she readies her longbow (Minor Action) and shoots at the first of them, missing the humanoid by an inch at most (Ranged Basic Attack on HG on H6 - miss; and that damage (second roll in the link) should have been a d10 only, of course, but doesn't matter).

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"Is there fighting back there? Maybe one of you should go stand at the back door. I can hold here...there are likely more coming. The streets are in chaos."

Kalon lunges over the gnolls head to strike the goblin, trying to put him down once and for all. Unfortunately, the gnoll's wild flailing turns Kalon's glaive, and the haft strikes the goblin rather than the blade. However, the goblin knows that the elf is coming for him as Kalon steps towards him threateningly.

[sblock=ooc]Standard: Reaping Strike. I rolled a 1, so 3 damage on the goblin with a torch. I mark the Goblin. 1 mark per enemy. I then move to T7 (that hobgoblin is dead, yes? The HBs have all been minions?)[/sblock]

Mr Rusty

First Post
After watching ice and arrow fly past, Brock decides it might be wise to turn around...

"Maid daringly, would you mind hiding in the pantry? This might take a bit longer than I expected." He smirks as he gathers his sword and shifts for combat. "Another order of ice and steel please!" He cries.

(speech:free, gather sword:minor, shift J7:minor.)

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
The hobgoblin corpses are beginning to pile up.
The goblin shouts "The Hand" and throws the torch at the bar. Kazim and Kalon try to stop him, but it is Mogrym's savage attack that fells the goblin. However, a fire is started on top of his corpse as he dropped the lit torch on his unlit torches.
The grunt in the back pushes up to the end of the hallway and jabs Brock.

Some more reinforcements arrive, some in the back, some smash through a window!
[sblock=stats]kal,mog,kaz AC 16 (1d20 6=14, 2d4 3=7, 1d20 6=24, 2d4 3=7, 1d20 4=14, 1d8 1=3)
vs 17 AC (1d20 6=21) (5 damage)[/sblock]
3018608516_734385b795_o_d.png

Thanee

First Post
Keyleth

Keyleth moves closer now (Move to L6), in order to assist Brock, and fires another ray of light, but her aim is widely off-target (Sacred Flame on the HG on I6 - miss).

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Kalon rushes over to the goblinoids who just busted in the window and down one of the hobgoblins, using the momentum of his strike to slice down at the goblin, cutting his forearm.

[sblock=ooc]
Move T8-S9-S10-R11-R12-S13 and use passing Attack on HG in T13.
Passing Attack 1 on HG. (1d20+6=22, 2d4+3=9) Hit drops him. I get to shift into T13 and make a secondary attack on GB.
Pasisng Attack 2 vs. GB (1d20+8=16, 2d4+3=5) Barely a hit, and I deal 5 damage and mark the little sucker.

[sblock=My Stats]
Speed 6

Hit Points 29
Bloodied 14
Surge Value 7
Healing Surges 11

Armor Class 17
Fortitude 14
Reflex 12
Will 13

OA: +9 vs. AC (2d4+3)
CC: +6 vs. AC (2d4+3)[/sblock][/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Kazim

Seeing Kalon handling those near the window, Kazim rushes across the bar, towards the ones coming in the back. "Steel...Coming..." A calculated cut from his sword leaves the hobgoblin's head rolling towards Brock. As the body falls to the ground, Kazim smiles and the golden energy lines framing his face brighten in color. A mystical wave of his blade and the goblin holding the torch knows that his fire will do little harm to any of the genasi's allies.

[sblock=Actions]Move to N6, then charge the grunt,ending movement in J6. Invisible castle loves me...Nat 20, critical. 9 damage. Roll Lookup I then use my aegis of shielding on gb in h6.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Hit Points 29
Bloodied 14
Surge Value 7
Healing Surges 10

Defenses:
Armor Class 19
Fortitude 13
Reflex 14
Will 13

:melee:Booming Blade (Longsword +7 vs AC, 1d8+4, if opp moves away 1d6+2 thunder damage)
:close:Sword Burst (Longsword +4 vs Ref, Burst 1, 1d6+4 to all enemies in burst)
:close:Aegis of shielding(minor action, close burst 2): Target is marked and takes a -2 to attack targets other than me. If marked creature attacks and hits a creature, I can use an immediate interrupt to prevent 7 damage from that attack.

:close:Earthshock(reliable), Close burst 1, +4 vs Fort(con based), 1d8 damage and knocks prone
:close:Flame Cyclone, Close blast 3, +4 vs Ref, 1d8+5 fire damage (expended)

:melee:Frost Backlash(Immed interrupt, a creature hits you, Longsword +7 vs reflex, 3d8+4 cold damage, miss: half damage)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Sorry Mr. Rusty, time to pull out the bow again :blush:. On my general tactics: If I can get to a ranged attacker(without too much risk) I will. Booming blade works well against them. They either risk an OA or take 1d6+2 damage to shift away and attack.[/sblock]

Remove ads