WotC Check out Magic: the Gathering's Tiamat

We've known for a while that WotC is releasing D&D-themed Magic: the Gathering cards, as a set called Adventures in the Forgotten Realms. Artist Chis Rahn has shared his Tiamat. "Been looking forward to sharing this one for what seems like forever! Tiamat, for Mtg's D&D: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms set. This was one of those assignments that I felt incredibly lucky to get. I hope you...

We've known for a while that WotC is releasing D&D-themed Magic: the Gathering cards, as a set called Adventures in the Forgotten Realms. Artist Chis Rahn has shared his Tiamat.

"Been looking forward to sharing this one for what seems like forever! Tiamat, for Mtg's D&D: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms set. This was one of those assignments that I felt incredibly lucky to get. I hope you enjoy it half as much as I enjoyed painting it!"

E0wNOa5VIAEbZ-n.jpeg

The MtG set comes out on July 23rd, 2021. The collector's sets have a beholder on the front. ICv2 has more information on the various set configurations. Bell of Lost Souls has some card images.

mtc_dnd.jpg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The Dungeon cards aren't in the set itself, they appear external to it.
There are Dungeon cards that are included as bonusesin some boxes, but they are also certainly going to be in the Boosters and decks: one of the Commander decks is themed around them, and I would bet that the 6th Theme booster is "Dungeon" themed, based on the Viking booster packs in Kaldheim.

Not terribly relevant, as he is a character in the 5E Forgotten Realms products this is tying into.

There are Dungeon cards that are included as bonusesin some boxes, but they are also certainly going to be in the Boosters and decks: one of the Commander decks is themed around them, and I would bet that the 6th Theme booster is "Dungeon" themed, based on the Viking booster packs in Kaldheim.

The Dungeon of Death need not actually have dungeon cards in it, just as Adventures in the Forgotten Realms need not have the Adventure Mechanic from Throne of Eldraine just because Adventure is in the name.

Look at what we know about Dungeon cards, the ones that come with the bundle are over sized, they don't actually go into your deck at all, and the ones that come with prerelease packs are double sided in a set with no DFCs. None of the Dungeon Cards we know about are in packs themselves, even thu they come with products designed to play draft. All card types out side of Enchantments, Lands, Creatures, Planeswalkers, Artifacts, Instants, and Sorceries are for special formats not regular play.

"Most of the other currently supported card types are exclusive to casual variants and the supplemental products that support those formats. Phenomenon and plane cards are exclusive to the Planechase format. Scheme cards are used by the player designated as the archenemy in the Archenemy format. Vanguard cards are used by the format of the same name. The conspiracy type has appeared only in the Conspiracy product.

While most casual play-oriented card types have appeared only on oversized cards, cards with the conspiracy type are printed at the normal size, to allow them to fit into booster packs. Because this would allow those cards to be mixed into a normal deck, cards with the conspiracy type are explicitly banned outside of the Conspiracy format.[2]"

Remove ads

Remove ads