WotC Check out Magic: the Gathering's Tiamat

We've known for a while that WotC is releasing D&D-themed Magic: the Gathering cards, as a set called Adventures in the Forgotten Realms. Artist Chis Rahn has shared his Tiamat. "Been looking forward to sharing this one for what seems like forever! Tiamat, for Mtg's D&D: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms set. This was one of those assignments that I felt incredibly lucky to get. I hope you...

We've known for a while that WotC is releasing D&D-themed Magic: the Gathering cards, as a set called Adventures in the Forgotten Realms. Artist Chis Rahn has shared his Tiamat.

"Been looking forward to sharing this one for what seems like forever! Tiamat, for Mtg's D&D: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms set. This was one of those assignments that I felt incredibly lucky to get. I hope you enjoy it half as much as I enjoyed painting it!"

E0wNOa5VIAEbZ-n.jpeg

The MtG set comes out on July 23rd, 2021. The collector's sets have a beholder on the front. ICv2 has more information on the various set configurations. Bell of Lost Souls has some card images.

mtc_dnd.jpg

I see this as more of a killer in Standard, where you can play it multiple times, and it's plausible that the opponent's deck will have lots of little guys and Land. This could be killer two or three times in a row.

You could make it work in Brawl where you have a make size of 60 cards or 61 with a Companion, in standard you can have Decks of 250 cards.

Last edited:

Vael

Legend
I do like that Tasha's Hideous Laughter exiles, one of the challenges of most mill decks is that if you are up against a deck designed to use their graveyard, you are throwing fuel onto the fire that'll burn you. And with any blue "bounce to library" cards like Totally Lost, it's a way to permanently get rid of problems purely in blue.

I just got a great deal on a AFR Bundle + 1 AFR Collector Booster + $1 Rainbow Refugee Donation for $62cad tax included. Normally seperately the Bundle costs $45cad + tax and a single Collector Booster costs $33cad + tax so probably like $90 roughly.

So I just got 104-107 commons, 32-35 Uncommons, 50 Basic Lands, 1 special land, 16 M/R, 3 Oversized Dungeon Cards, 20 Sided Die, 1 Foil double sided Token, Deck Box.

Adding in the starter decks I just got and that's another 120 cards for like $7cad and this product comes with Arena codes.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads