D&D 5E Check Out Some (Minor) Monster Reveals From Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants!

Six of of the book's monster's names are revealed!

bigby-presents-glory-of-the-giants-1.jpg

Thanks to miniatures company WizKids, some upcoming miniatures reveal some of the monsters in this Spring's official D&D adventure.

Some of the creatures included in the book (which naturally have a 'giant' theme) are:
  • Stone Giant of Evil Earth
  • Fire Hellion
  • Goliath Chief
  • Frostmourn
  • Giant Lynx
  • Death Giant Necromancer
There's not much more info than that, although the Death Giant Necromancer gets a description --

This Huge miniature features a chilling expression reminiscent of the grave. The souls flitting about this wizard of the undead will be sure to inspire terror for all that look upon its fell visage.

The grave is calling… how will you answer?

Oh, the original Hidden Shrine was horribly sexist by modern standards, with suggestions of sexual assault. The nymph was naked, and the PCs could control her by steeling her clothes. You could earn points on the scorecard by doing that.

Male character can't even attack if they look at her was what I was talking about with her. I'm not really that familiar with it.

This was in the same period that White Dwarf gave use the houri character class, who could stun males using her "Drop Clothes" ability,
Did this ability work on just about every male being the houri's party came across? ;) Not just the male opponents the houri's party probably would face, but her fellow male teammates as well. "Shield your eyes, boys, I am going to do the big reveal with style." 😋 nose bleeds ensue

lvl20dm

Explorer
I know that this books is probably around 2+ months off, but I'm surprised we haven't seen more images leak (particularly on the miniatures end). While I suspect the focus will be on the "true" giants, I'm hoping this book covers giantkin like Ogres, Trolls, Goliaths, Firbolg, Verbeeg, Fomorian and so on to one extent or another. I'd even like to see the return of the very silly looking Voadkyn.

The inclusion of the Giant Lynx is a bit of puzzle. The Giant Lynx in 2nd edition was an oversized lynx (still smaller than your typical great cat) that, like the Giant Eagle or Giant Elk, is intelligent. I'm not sure that I'm familiar with it being associated with Giants. That leads me to assume that this will be a significant reimagining of the Giant Lynx.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I know that this books is probably around 2+ months off, but I'm surprised we haven't seen more images leak (particularly on the miniatures end). While I suspect the focus will be on the "true" giants, I'm hoping this book covers giantkin like Ogres, Trolls, Goliaths, Firbolg, Verbeeg, Fomorian and so on to one extent or another. I'd even like to see the return of the very silly looking Voadkyn.

The inclusion of the Giant Lynx is a bit of puzzle. The Giant Lynx in 2nd edition was an oversized lynx (still smaller than your typical great cat) that, like the Giant Eagle or Giant Elk, is intelligent. I'm not sure that I'm familiar with it being associated with Giants. That leads me to assume that this will be a significant reimagining of the Giant Lynx.
At a guess, Giants might keep Giant Lynx as pet kitty cats. Or something, something Primordial forces of nature.

WotC has gotten pretty tight on leaks by now, so we might have to wait up to a month for the marketing to kick in. On a guess, they may have wanted to avoid this book getting lost in the signal noise about the movie.

ad_hoc

(they/them)

We know the booster pack configuration:

"The Booster (MSRP $24.99, Dimensions 4.75 x 6.25 x 4.25) will have 1 of the following configurations:
- 1 Huge miniature and 3 Medium or Small miniatures."

So there won't be any large sized giants in the minis set.

We also know the special set configuration:

"Enhance your Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants-themed campaign with this Limited Edition Boxed Set! This set contains three huge-sized creatures and two medium-sized creatures. Each figure has a paint scheme unique to this box only."

So the Giant Lynx is medium in keeping with being bigger than a regular lynx but smaller than a lion or tiger.

Remove ads

Remove ads