Check Out The Centaur PC Race From The 5E Midgard Campaign Setting!

Back in January 2017, Kobold Press successfully funded a Kickstarter for a pair of 5th Edition books based on their Midgard campaign setting -- a World Book, and a Heroes Handbook. The former, as you might imagine, is a setting guide for GMs; the latter is a crunchy tome containing races, spells, feats, spells, and more. They've kindly sent me over some previews of both books, including the Centaur PC race from the Heroes Handbook!

Those who backed the Kickstarter last year will be receiving their books imminently - they are shipping now. For the rest of us, we can pre-order later this week on the Kobold Press website.

Wondering what Midgard is? Straight from the horse's mouth, its "a dark world of deep magic, flavored with Central European myth and folklore - from the frozen Northlands to its wild steppes, dark forests, and craggy mountains.[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]"[/FONT]

And now, check out the tables of contents from each book, as well as the Centaur PC race! (Do Centaurs have two stomachs?)

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 14.47.58.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 14.48.32.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 14.48.59.png

epithet

Explorer
BTW Hooray for sensible armour for the female torso.

Eh, I'm partial to the more ridiculous armor art, with the dude in the leather speedo and the furry boots, and the chick in the chainmail bikini. Extra points for armor on one arm, but not both. Gladiator style.

The centaur in the picture is pretty well armored on the human part, but her horse butt is just hangin' out there making a target of itself. If she needs full plate armor down to the lobstered gauntlets, then she should really look into some barding. She should also put a helm on.

dalisprime

Explorer
That part about them wearing armour for normal creatures just doesn't float well. Sure you'll cover your human torso, but most of your body is still exposed. They should really require barding like normal mounts do.

Digging into the book. Looks cool so far. Excited for the Worldbook in a day or two. Can't wait for my product to actually arrive.

Between this, Star Trek Adventures wave 2, and Dusk City Outlaws my March will be crowded with gaming books to read.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I got the hardbacks today. The player one previewed here is about the size as the 5E adventures or supplements.

The world book is mammoth, Tome of Beasts mammoth. Lots and lots of good stuff.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I hope, when you lot have had time to fully look over the books, you'll give your reviews/impressions, and such.

Jhaelen

First Post
Looks good. I like the layout. Reminds me a bit of Free League Publishing's 'Tales from the Loop'.

I'm just not sure why this is called Midgard. It doesn't appear to be a setting based on Nordic Myths, nor does it appear to have any connection with the Midgard RPG. Confusing.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases