Check Out The First 3 Pages Of TALES FROM THE YAWNING PORTAL

Tales From the Yawning Portal is about a month away, which means the previews are starting to appear across the internet. First up is the first three pages of the book - the introduction, which summarises the included adventures (The Sunless Citadel, The Forge of Fury, The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan, White Plume Mountain, Dead in That, Against the Giants, and Tomb of Horrors) with basic details about The Yawning Portal itself. Enjoy!

Tales From the Yawning Portal is about a month away, which means the previews are starting to appear across the internet. First up is the first three pages of the book - the introduction, which summarises the included adventures (The Sunless Citadel, The Forge of Fury, The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan, White Plume Mountain, Dead in That, Against the Giants, and Tomb of Horrors) with basic details about The Yawning Portal itself. Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 14.16.28.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 14.16.38.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 14.16.48.png

You can download those three pages as a PDF from WotC here.

gyor

Legend
Not terribly disappointed that didn't pan out, as it seemed pretty thin and contrived, even by D&D standards. Like the Loc-Nar in "Heavy Metal"...

I loved the Loc-Nar!

Anyways I just don't understand the appeal of tomb of horrors from how people have described it honestly.

The use of the Yawning Portal as a way to connect all these campaigns is interesting, but honestly none of these excite me.

This seems to be the least exciting adventurers book yet from the preview, with only minor interesting stuff in it. At least the previous attempts at cashing in on nostigia had fresh, interesting takes on the basic themes of the adventures.

I could be wrong, but so far I have seen nothing to indicate it.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads