Check Out The One Ring 2E’s Cover Art!

Cubicle 7 has just revealed the cover art (by Johan Grenier) of the new version of The One Ring roleplaying game.

Cubicle 7 has just revealed the cover art (by Johan Grenier) of the new version of The One Ring roleplaying game.

IMG_4904.JPG

Arilyn

Hero
Reasonable comment.

I suppose today, more people have seen the movies than read the books.

Yes, I assume. I do love the movies, except for the Hobbit trilogy....yuck. The original cover just feels more evocative, as was mentioned earlier.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
The original art by Jon Hodgson is some of the most gorgeous fantasy art around. This is pretty clean, and I generally like it, but I wouldn’t trade my original hardbacks for that.

Salamandyr

Adventurer
Looking at the interior art, it appears they're drawing a lot of inspiration by the art and costume design from the movies...especially with the elves. I think the problem is...everything is using that as their template these days, which means that rather than having a unique, Tolkien-ian feel, it just looks like the kind of art one would see in a 5e manual. About the only difference is the color palette is slightly more muted than one would get in a 5e book.

Hugh Acton

First Post
In their Erebor supplement C7 gave us a female dwarf iconic PC with a beard (which is proper Tolkien); I wonder why they dropped the bearded female dwarf.

The art looks pretty good to me. My only complaint is that the title font makes it seem like the name of the book is "The Lord of the Rings"; with "The One Ring" being like a series title. The nature of the product would have been far more clear if "The One Ring" had been in a much larger font, and "The Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Game" had been in a smaller font below that.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Angus McBride was the MERP cover artist....while looking him up, he passes away in 2007 but what a great legacy of fantasy art he gave us to enjoy.

Wightbred

Explorer
Well, I never thought I'd say this, but after viewing the elf's armor my thought was, "yes! No boobs!"

Sorry Wight, but you get -1 for your post. That interior art is excellent.

The quality of the interior art is great, but the posing of each on a little stage ruins it for me.

Angus McBride was the MERP cover artist....while looking him up, he passes away in 2007 but what a great legacy of fantasy art he gave us to enjoy.

McBride’s art is inspirational, but I feel that some of his other LotR art would have been a better cover.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads