D&D General Check Out This Demogorgon Mini!

Coming this September from WizKids, for $89.99, is this new D&D miniature of the demon lord Demogorgon.

Coming this September from WizKids, for $89.99, is this new D&D miniature of the demon lord Demogorgon.

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 10.50.52 AM.png

Juomari Veren

Adventurer
I'm surprised that there's only been one mention of the Lootcrate exclusive Demogorgon (and that it's the post above mine!). Legitimately the last time Lootcrate was ever able to deliver on its promises, and even then only half-heartedly, and it's a pretty specimen. Admittedly it doesn't have the very nice paint job that the WizKids one has though, but I think it's taller and it's a little poseable to boot.

I only paid $50 for this back when it came out, but it goes on the secondary market for as little as $60 and as much as $125, so if you're desperate for a Demogorgon mini my instinct would be to just buy this upcoming one. GF9's is cool but they're unpainted and have terrain attached to it, which isn't a no-go for me but makes enjoying my minis much harder. Plus, with that once-upon-a-time concract breach from WoTC and the countersuit GF9 issued, I would assume their business partnership is going to dissolve at the first possible chance. A real shame too! I've been dying for more spellbook cards, they haven't done Tasha's yet and the only printable spell cards I found online that were of decent visual and informative quality had a lot of issues when you tried to print them.

Attachments

• lootcratedemo.jpg
    lootcratedemo.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 60

teitan

Legend
I'm surprised that there's only been one mention of the Lootcrate exclusive Demogorgon (and that it's the post above mine!). Legitimately the last time Lootcrate was ever able to deliver on its promises, and even then only half-heartedly, and it's a pretty specimen. Admittedly it doesn't have the very nice paint job that the WizKids one has though, but I think it's taller and it's a little poseable to boot.

I only paid $50 for this back when it came out, but it goes on the secondary market for as little as $60 and as much as $125, so if you're desperate for a Demogorgon mini my instinct would be to just buy this upcoming one. GF9's is cool but they're unpainted and have terrain attached to it, which isn't a no-go for me but makes enjoying my minis much harder. Plus, with that once-upon-a-time concract breach from WoTC and the countersuit GF9 issued, I would assume their business partnership is going to dissolve at the first possible chance. A real shame too! I've been dying for more spellbook cards, they haven't done Tasha's yet and the only printable spell cards I found online that were of decent visual and informative quality had a lot of issues when you tried to print them.
Yeah but that’s not a Wizkids paint job. That’s a digital render.

GuyBoy

Hero
Demon Lord “coolness” rankings ( totally (in)official!):
Demogorgon
Orcus
Yeenoghu, skinny-gnolly-hyena dude
Juiblex (and his love-child Dungy from Rappan Athuk)
Zuggtmoy: is she fun, Guy? Sure is.
Baphomet, big bully
Kostchtchichichicitci or however it’s spelt
Any others I’ve forgotten
Grazz’t’zz’t: ok, he dated Iggwilv, but he has too many Zs, Ts and ‘’’s in his name which brings Drizzzzzz’’’’ttttt to mind and isn’t cool, unless it’s Drelnza, who is cool

It’s been a long day, I’ll get my coat!

Last edited:

For my part:

Orcus - for the reasons listed above
Demogorgon - after Stranger Things, kinda the rockstar of D&D demon princes
Zuggtmoy - mushrooms are cool, and she was so close to TPK'ing my group in Out of the Abyss
Graz'zt - crafty and iconic this guy
Yeenoghu - gnolls come into being when hyenas eat the corpses of his slain; that is metal
Fraz-Urb'luu - not that exciting, but I love how a bunch of PCs getting tricked by Gary Gygax in an early D&D game made it into the lore and persists to this day
Kostchtchie - that Dragon magazine cover!
Juiblex - the lord of oozes is fine, but my allegiance goes to Zuggtmoy
Malcanthet - has anything really been done with her?
Baphomet - generic and meh; pretty much anything he does, Yeenoghu does, but more brutal

Demon Lord “coolness” rankings ( totally (in)official!):
Demogorgon
Orcus
Yeenoghu, sunny-gnolly-hyena dude
Juiblex (and his love-child Dungy from Rappan Athuk)
Zuggtmoy: is she fun, Guy? Sure is.
Baphomet, big bully
Kostchtchichichicitci or however it’s spelt
Any others I’ve forgotten
Grazz’t’zz’t: ok, he dated Iggwilv, but he has too many Zs, Ts and ‘’’s in his name which brings Drizzzzzz’’’’ttttt to mind and isn’t cool, unless it’s Drelnza, who is cool

It’s been a long day, I’ll get my coat!

Juomari Veren

Adventurer
Yeah but that’s not a Wizkids paint job. That’s a digital render.
Well duh, but the finished one is still guaranteed to look better than the Lootcrate Demogorgon. Say what you will about the 25 and 50mm minis they make, but WizKids usually delivers with the 75mm+ ones in terms of quality.

Remove ads

Remove ads