• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cheese? Totally, but is it game breaking?

HoboGod

First Post
The main problem I foresee is having the space and manoeuverability to use your breath weapons round after round without endangering other characters.

That's funny, I'm a jerk about that kinda stuff in combat. If I can cast fireball on a couple monsters, I got no objections to dousing 1-2 players on the front line. As I see it, if they're on the front line, they're either a beatstick with some beefy health or a rogue with a good chance of getting out of the way. My apologies to the cleric who needs to patch em up, I'm takin' the shot.

DumbPaladin

First Post
That's funny, I'm a jerk about that kinda stuff in combat. If I can cast fireball on a couple monsters, I got no objections to dousing 1-2 players on the front line. As I see it, if they're on the front line, they're either a beatstick with some beefy health or a rogue with a good chance of getting out of the way. My apologies to the cleric who needs to patch em up, I'm takin' the shot.

*groan*

Reminds me of the wizard in my first D&D game who kept casting lightning bolt through me to get to the bad guy. Despite the fact that I was the only person in the party with healing ability at the time.

Jhaelen

First Post
And if someone wanted to play a Half-dragon Human, would you let them?
Yep. Actually, one of my players had created one.

Half-dragons can only use their breath weapon once a day, btw, so they cannot use any metabreath feats.

When she compared the character with the rest of the group, she realized, fortunately, that she would suck big time because of the high level adjustment. I showed her the Draconic template, then, and that's what she picked instead.

She's still playing that character (a paladin of Bahamut). She picked the alternate class ability from Dragon Magic which allows turning Turn Undead attempts into breath weapon attacks. But even after twinking her effective turning level to boost her damage, the character is still on the weak side.

HoboGod

First Post
With the Dragon Breath feat from Races of Dragon, a Half Dragon with 6 HD can use her breath weapon once every 1d4 round. Half-Dragons totally qualify for metabreath feats if you allow them in your games.

Jhaelen

First Post
With the Dragon Breath feat from Races of Dragon, a Half Dragon with 6 HD can use her breath weapon once every 1d4 round. Half-Dragons totally qualify for metabreath feats if you allow them in your games.
Huh, I didn't know that.

Races of the Dragon, huh? That must be one of the few books I don't have ;)

the Jester

Legend

Races of Dragon?

Do you maybe mean Dragon Magic? Or is RoD a 3rd party supplement?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads