• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago EN World Game Day: The Aftermath! :)

William Ronald

Explorer
Fayredeth,

Sorry you can't make it. I hope to see you the next game day.

Joshua,

I will make my bid for Celebros as a PC for The Duchess' Tea Party.

Piratecat,

At least there will be phone call from Chicago. Now if we can only perfect wormhole technology, we can have interconnected Gamedays. ;)

FCWesel

First Post
::Whistles:: Sorry, just trying to keep the thread up near the front. I was going to try and find a comment or present an idea...but my brain "just said No."

Damn Nancy Regan.

mgrasso

First Post
Again, sorry I've been absent but I've had the creeping crud the past couple of days. I think I picked it up at RockCon.

Speaking of RockCon, I did get a chance to playtest my Call of Cthulhu game there and it went very well. I hope we do get 4 players. If we do not, I am in the mood to run a pickup Star Wars game. I have some good scenarios we could use, both self-penned and published.

Regarding Arcana Unearthed, I am still bringing six pregen PCs. We will select characters at the table. I will provide character backgrounds and full explanations for all magical items, feats, skills, and other special abilities. I'm also going to try to get a spell reference sheet together for the spellcasters. Anyway, here are the characters:

Vaishi Frostgem, female spryte iron witch 5/unfettered 4/spryte 3
Yrxed, male verrik akashic 7/verrik 3
Chodhra, female litorian mage blade 10
Professor Lynene Bossten, female human magister 9/runethane 1
Toval the Stalwart, male sibeccai oathsworn 9/sibeccai 1
Ren-Hincan, male giant champion of giantkind 4/warmain 3/giant 3

Okay, what does all this mean? Let's break down the races and classes:

Races:
human: you know these guys pretty well, I assume
giant: Not the dumb brutes of most fantasy worlds, they are paragons and the saviors of the other races from the evil dramojh (dragon-demons)
spryte: When the elf-like faen enter their metamorphosis, they come out as winged sprytes
litorian: The leonine inhabitants of the plains, with a great system of tribal honor
sibeccai: A canine "client" race of the giants, they were brought over to the lands of the Diamond Throne when the giants arrived
verrik: Their wine-colored skins and their psionic abilities separate them from humanity. Believed one of the oldest races.

Classes:
witch: spellcasters with special powers over their "element"
unfettered: the light-armor, light-weapon fighters
akashic: can tap into the collective unconscious to use knowledge abilities and power up their skills
mage blade: a fighter/magic-user whose focus is their edged weapon
magister: the standard "wizard" whose spells are focused through their staves
runethane: they have some spell ability along with the ability to cast runes
oathsworn: think monks devoted to a single task
champion: imbued with powers to protect their chosen object of devotion
warmain: heavy-weapon, heavy-armor fighter

Some of the characters have race levels, which give them special abilities beyond normal members of their race.

PLEASE do not make claims on characters now, as we will be voting by secret ballot at the game and any claim you make might help someone "outbid" you. I'll explain this weighted voting system at Games Day.

If you aren't interested in spellcasters, you may want to consider the akashic, the champion/warmain, and the oathsworn. The other three characters have considerable spellcasting ability. Keep in mind this is a whole new magic system with new spells and new casting rules. I'll bring a good summary sheet on Saturday.

*sniffle* See you guys on Saturday, hopefully not hopped up on DayQuil. :)

Mike

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
yee gads, i completely forgot that this was on saturday! :eek: not sure if i can still make it... i'll try though!

BOZ said:
yee gads, i completely forgot that this was on saturday! :eek: not sure if i can still make it... i'll try though!
You must make it! We need more*famous* people at our Gameday. Boston has PirateCat and we need Boz! :cool:

If you can't stay all day, surely you can swing by in the morning an play CoC, at the very least?!!

Or stop by in the afternoon, for some brain-numbing Synnibar action?!

Last edited:

MattyHelms

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:
You must make it! We need more*famous* people at our Gameday. Boston has PirateCat and we need Boz! :cool:

If you can't stay all day, surely you can swing by in the morning an play CoC, at the very least?!!

Or stop by in the afternoon, for some brain-numbing Synnibar action?!

Yeah, that Cthulhu game has to happen in the morning. A Gameday without Cthulhu just ain't right.

Of course, Synnibarr is what all the cool kids are talking about nowadays.

Less than two days, people!!!!

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Barendd Nobeard said:
Boston has PirateCat and we need Boz! :cool:

famous! :rolleyes:

i just got off the phone with the wife. she'll be far too busy (schoolwork) to join me, but i'll most likely be there. ;) got a schedule of when the festivities start?

BOZ said:
famous! :rolleyes:

i just got off the phone with the wife. she'll be far too busy (schoolwork) to join me, but i'll most likely be there. ;) got a schedule of when the festivities start?
The schedule is on page 1 of this thread.

Breakfast - 8 a.m. (at Little America)
Slot 1 - 9:30 a.m.
Lunch break - 2:30 p.m.
Prize Drawing - 3:30 p.m.
Slot 2 - 4:00 p.m.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i'm a lazy, late sleeper so i'll more than likely miss all that morning stuff. ;) that, and coming from 95th&state it'll take me at least an hour to get there on a saturday afternoon... but i'll do what i can aboot all that. ;)

buzz

Adventurer
FYI, I'd like to contribute the following books as prizes:

HoHF: Orcs
GURPS Bestiary
GURPS Compendium I
Legions of Hell

Is that cool?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads