• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago EN World Game Day: The Aftermath! :)

MattyHelms

First Post
The Details - A day of FREE gaming, courtesy of your friends at Games Plus! All we ask is that you sign up to run or play in a game by replying to this thread. It's that easy to play! Reply or PM with any questions, otherwise, see you all there!

Location-

Games Plus
101 W Prospect Ave
Mount Prospect, Illinois 60056
(847) 577-9656
Hosts: Curt Duval & Jeff Swegler (owners)

Schedule-

Breakfast (Slot Null) - To be held from 8:00AM to 9:00AM at Little America (located across the tracks and a couple blocks northwest of the store)-

1. MattyHelms
2. Nazriel
3. Sharraunna
4. Barendd Nobeard
5. Trevalon Moonleirion
6. jalea
7. omokage
8. KnowTheToe
9. William Ronald
10. GORAK
11. King of Idiots
12. cdsaint
13. Hoog
14. Graytor
15. painfully
19. (No actual limit on seating, as far as we know )

(Arrive at the store around 9AM to settle in at your game tables)

9:00 AM - Call to Piratecat and the Boston EN World Gameday!

Slot One - 9:30AM to 2:30PM

Game 1 - d20 Modern
Summary - Between June 1st and June 14th, 70 shipping crates were positioned within a block of the city halls of the 70 most populated cities in the USA. At midnight GMT between the 14th and the 15th, all 70 of those shipping crates exploded, unleashing hell on earth in about 62 metropolitan areas. San Francisco got three, LA got four, and NYC got three, as well as the Twin Cities getting two, one for each. Over 25% of the nation's populace lived in those 62 metropolitan areas, and over 50% lived within the one week kill radiation zone. The United States of America went from the world's only Superpower, to the most inhospitable place on earth in the blink of an eye.

You were one of the lucky ones (or were you?) who survived. The big question on the minds of everyone left is now what?
GM - jalea
Seats - 1 open
1. GORAK
2. King of Idiots
3. Templeguard
4. Graytor
5. PBB_TSSI

Game 2 - Stargate SG-1 - "Duck Blind"
Summary - On P4X-471, a world unknown to the Goa'uld, a SG team finds a tribe of primitive humans, seeded tens of thousands of years ago by the ancients. It's one of the greatest finds in modern anthropological history, and a group of civilian researchers is brought to the world to discreetly observe the tribe. After all, it seemed like such a good idea in "Who Watches the Watchers", how could anything possibly go wrong?

With the anthropologists being held captive by a primitive tribe, SG-6 is called in. The lone search and rescue team under SGC control, SG-6 is comprised of highly-trained military professionals. But can even they face the challenges that await them on P4X-471?

Characters will be provided.
GM - Joe Cohen
Seats - Closed
1. Grifter86
2. Mark
3. cdsaint
4. Hoog
5. painfully
6. FCWesel

Game 3 - D&D 3.5e - "Bad Fur Day"
Summary - The Sullen Woods have long been a bastion against the settlement of the civilized races due to their wild nature but the road through them was
always safely protected by a Druidic Warder. Something seems to have
changed and transport of goods through them is no longer safe. If the
southwest road between the villages of Mistybole and Lovelywood cannot be
tamed once again several extra days of travel to avoid this stretch are
the result. Your group must discover the mystery of this change and
rectify the situation, or die trying...
DM - Trevalon Moonleirion
Seats - Closed
1. thalmin - Tordek
2. JoeGKushner - sorcerer half-elf
3. Dinkeldog
4. mattyhelms - Lidda the rogue
5. Gru - barbarian
6. Hama - cleric

Game 4 - D&D - "The Duchess' Tea Party"
Summary - Everyone knows the ultimate lame example of what "pure roleplayers" like to do. Now, you too can be a snobby elitist "latte set" roleplayer! Make witty reparte with the Contessa's teenage daughter! Titter behind your hand at the scandalous and bourgeouis conversation of the newly appointed Knight-Marshal of the Realm! Chuckle appreciatively at the Marquis' witty rejoinder that insults said Knight-Marshall without him even being aware of it! Taste some of the most delicious, light and airy cakes ever baked! Scream in terror as the Duchess' body suddenly splits open to reveal a demon that has been hosting in her body! Run like mad for your life as the entire house becomes infested with a fiendish population of monsters, devils and demons! Cry in panic as you realize you are stuck inside her manor with no way to escape! Pick up a weapon and see if you can survive the night.... Yes, that's a spoiler, for those who didn't notice! :) Standard D&D rules.
DM - Joshua Dyal
Seats - Closed
1. Sharraunna
2. KnowTheToe
3. William Ronald
4. Nazriel
5. omokage
6. buzz

Meal Break from 2:30PM - 3:30PM (be back on time!)

Prize Drawings! - 3:30PM - 4PM
A Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe donated by Expeditious Retreat
Genavue donated by Kenzer & Co
Heroes of High Favor: Halflings donated by BadAxe Games

Slot Two - 4PM to 9PM (or later...)

Game 1 - World of Synnibarr - "A World of Adventure!"
Summary - Discover the realms of Synnibarr, power-gaming at its finest! Flying grizzlies with laser-shooting eyes, Midnight Sunstone Bazookas, thousands of Life Points at first level - it's all here. Character creation will be covered for those who do not own the rules. While many have lambasted this game as the worst RPG ever, I love its goofy charm - best described as a poorly translated Japanese Super Nintendo RPG with bizarre characters, huge non-sensical monsters, and ridiculously powerful attacks - and think we'll all have a blast playing it.
Fate - MattyHelms
Seats - Closed
1. Nazriel
2. Sharraunna
3. buzz
4. Barendd Nobeard
5. Halma
6. salmacis

Game 2 - Talisman The Magical Quest Game
Summary - The newest edition of an old favorite, ascend the causeway and challenge the mighty dragon there for the crown of command.
Kill Monsters and deamons along the way, point and laugh as fellow players are turned into toads. Marvel at all the skull artwork!
Game will be provided by myself, all you need bring is yourself.
Provided by - thalmin
Seats - 6 open
1. JoeGKushner
2. KnowTheToe
3. omokage
4. Mark

Game 3 - Dark·Matter d20 - "Exit 23"
Summary - Using the d20 Modern rules, we'll run through the "Exit 23" adventure, filled out quit a bit and given a little more beef to make it fill an entire slot. The PCs will meet at a rest stop/gas station on an isolated stretch of highway in Idaho in the dead of winter, and find themselves stranded in a blizzard... Rules are d20 Modern but with a few grafted on Call of Cthulhu rules as well, notably Sanity, spells and psychic powers.
GM - Joshua Dyal
Seats - Closed
1. Trevalon Moonleirion
2. cdsaint
3. Hoog
4. jalea
5. William Ronald
6. Shadowlight

Last edited:

MattyHelms

First Post
I'm going to leave the official information in the first post and handle all questions and comments and planning in the rest of the thread.

Scheduling will work the same as before - propose a game, which slot you want it to run in, an adventure name and summary, and how many players. The game will be added to the schedule and players will sign up in the thread.

One new rule for all involved - the prize drawing will be limited to those who pre-register. We want to reward people for committing early to running or playing a game and think this is the best way to do it.

A few house rules for those new to the Gameday ranks:
1. You must be a registered ENWorld member to sign up - no signing up "by proxy."
2. IMPORTANT - no game switching! Once you sign up for a game, you're in that game - it's not fair to the GM or the other players to back out like that.

Let me know if you have any questions, otherwise - GAME ON!

Thanks,
Matt

jalea

First Post
Sign me up to run a D20 Modern game. I'm not sure which slot I want to run it in yet.

Short Game Synopsis.
Between June 1st and June 14th, 70 shipping crates were positioned within a block of the city halls of the 70 most populated cities in the USA. At midnight GMT between the 14th and the 15th, all 70 of those shipping crates exploded, unleashing hell on earth in about 62 metropolitan areas. San Francisco got three, LA got four, and NYC got three, as well as the Twin Cities getting two, one for each. Over 25% of the nation's populace lived in those 62 metropolitan areas, and over 50% lived within the one week kill radiation zone. The United States of America went from the world's only Superpower, to the most inhospitable place on earth in the blink of an eye.

You were one of the lucky ones (or were you?) who survived. The big question on the minds of everyone left is now what?

MattyHelms

First Post
jalea said:
Sign me up to run a D20 Modern game. I'm not sure which slot I want to run it in yet.

Short Game Synopsis.
Between June 1st and June 14th, 70 shipping crates were positioned within a block of the city halls of the 70 most populated cities in the USA. At midnight GMT between the 14th and the 15th, all 70 of those shipping crates exploded, unleashing hell on earth in about 62 metropolitan areas. San Francisco got three, LA got four, and NYC got three, as well as the Twin Cities getting two, one for each. Over 25% of the nation's populace lived in those 62 metropolitan areas, and over 50% lived within the one week kill radiation zone. The United States of America went from the world's only Superpower, to the most inhospitable place on earth in the blink of an eye.

Sounds cool, but I can't really put it on the schedule until you decide a time :)

Nazriel

First Post
Whoo, signing up for Synnibarr. It's about time I get to dive back into Raven cs McCracken's twisted game again (Likely diving and landing on my head, but diving nonetheless)

And also signing up for the breakfast, which is more or less also bound to be a "fun" thing given the mental state Matty will be in having prepared for Synnibarr again. (It really really messed him up last Gameday)

Nazriel (Nick)

MattyHelms

First Post
Nazriel said:
Whoo, signing up for Synnibarr. It's about time I get to dive back into Raven cs McCracken's twisted game again (Likely diving and landing on my head, but diving nonetheless)

And also signing up for the breakfast, which is more or less also bound to be a "fun" thing given the mental state Matty will be in having prepared for Synnibarr again. (It really really messed him up last Gameday)

Nazriel (Nick)

Thanks for signing up - if you jump off of diving boards just like Raven McCracken, then your Synnibarr experience can ring with authenticity too!

And breakfast the day after running Synnibarr is the meal to witness. Since the enitre party of eight died before getting to the acutal adventure last time, I can reuse the adventure with no sanity-blasting peeks into the Necronomicon that is the World of Synnibarr rules.

MattyHelms

First Post
Sharraunna said:
Sign me up for the breakfast and 2nd slot Synnibarr as well, please. :D

Sharraunna

Thanks for signing up for that mess! Together, we'll all make Synnibarr the most popular game in Chicago!

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Hey, Matt. Maybe in the first post we should explain the cost for the the Game Day. It's FREE. No registration fee. No game fee.

MattyHelms

First Post
thalmin said:
Hey, Matt. Maybe in the first post we should explain the cost for the the Game Day. It's FREE. No registration fee. No game fee.

Well, there goes my idea for a cover charge :)

Thanks for the reminder, thalmin!

Remove ads