• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago EN World Game Day: The Aftermath! :)

mgrasso

First Post
Okay, guys, I think I have a solution. Matt, and everyone else, give me your feedback.

Since it doesn't look like the Call of Cthulhu game is going to get the four players I need pre-registered, and since Barendd would have to leave mega-early to get there, why don't we cancel that game. This will allow me to have more time in the morning to rest and get ready.

But I definitely want to run the Arcana Unearthed game. It's also the most-prepared at this point, which is good. Apologies to those of you who were in or interested in the Call of Cthulhu game, but I think this will be best for me (and my players). If anyone wants (including my CoC players), I could be convinced to run an action-heavy Star Wars mini-scenario at around 11 am (I've been totally influenced by the Clone Wars miniseries on Cartoon Network). This would also allow any latecomers to game if they want to.

Sound good?

Mike

thalmin said:
I'd second that, but Mike did that already. :D
Do take care of yourself, and hope you're feeling better.
Mike: Sounds like a plan; now get better!

[sotto voice, to the others]I don't think Mike is really sick. I believe he has been "brain-swapped" by a Great Race. He is now intent on studying our culture--so don't tell him anything during the Gameday!
[/sotto voice, to the others]

To the other GMs: I will drive down on time for slot 1. Jalea--if you have pre-gens, I'll play in your game (I have my regular game tonight and don't have time to make a new character--though, I could use my Russian wrestler/politician from your last d20 Modern game :D ). If you don't have pre-gens, I'll join JD's insanity, since I know the Tea Party comes with pre-gens. Thanks to both of you for the offers!

salmacis

First Post
Sign me up for Synnibar

I thought my life couldn't get any worse - I guess I was wrong...

*sigh*

I know I'm going to regret this, but sign me up for Synnibar.

~shannon

ejja_1

First Post
Hey guys,
I have some bad news.
I have been sick with the flu now for almost a week straight, and will not be attending game day.
Im sorry for such short notice, but I dont have a reliable internet connection at home and this is the first time I have had the opportunity to contact anyone. So the 2nd slot Talisman game is cancled, and you boys hanging out after the bomb are just gonna have to kill communist mutant traitors without me.
Again sorry for the short notice, and I hope you all give and get good game.

Ejja_1

mgrasso

First Post
ejja_1 said:
Hey guys,
I have some bad news.
I have been sick with the flu now for almost a week straight, and will not be attending game day.
Im sorry for such short notice, but I dont have a reliable internet connection at home and this is the first time I have had the opportunity to contact anyone. So the 2nd slot Talisman game is cancled, and you boys hanging out after the bomb are just gonna have to kill communist mutant traitors without me.
Again sorry for the short notice, and I hope you all give and get good game.

Ejja_1

A week??!!

Oh, man. I'm in for a world of pain...

salmacis said:
I thought my life couldn't get any worse - I guess I was wrong...

*sigh*

I know I'm going to regret this, but sign me up for Synnibar.

~shannon
No matter what's wrong in your life, after playing Synnibar it won't seem so bad anymore! :D

mgrasso

First Post
KnowTheToe said:
I would rather people who are not feeling well stay home. I don't want the flu!

I don't blame you. In fact, I think that earlier exuberance I had was short-lived. I wish I could say that tomorrow morning I'll be at 70 or 80% and not be contagious. I can't make that guarantee.

I realize that if I drop now, you guys'll be down two games in the afternoon. As much as I want to run this Arcana Unearthed game tomorrow, I also want to respect everyone's desire to have a well-run game and indeed, not catch the flu. Believe me, you don't want this. And I don't really feel any better than I did yesterday at this time. I had a period this morning when I wrote my earlier post when I started to think I was feeling better. That's not really the case now.

What do you all think? Should the pestilent stay home? :)

Mike

ejja_1

First Post
mgrasso said:
I don't blame you. In fact, I think that earlier exuberance I had was short-lived. I wish I could say that tomorrow morning I'll be at 70 or 80% and not be contagious. I can't make that guarantee.

I realize that if I drop now, you guys'll be down two games in the afternoon. As much as I want to run this Arcana Unearthed game tomorrow, I also want to respect everyone's desire to have a well-run game and indeed, not catch the flu. Believe me, you don't want this. And I don't really feel any better than I did yesterday at this time. I had a period this morning when I wrote my earlier post when I started to think I was feeling better. That's not really the case now.

What do you all think? Should the pestilent stay home? :)

Mike

Maybe this will help make your decision.
Sunday started with a soar throat, by 6:30 am monday morning I had puked three times. Then monday tuesday and wendsday were a mix of sneezing coughing puking diahrea and green phlegm that choked me whenever I sat or lay down. Oh yeah and dont forget the feeling that your body has been worked over by the Putski family with thier famous polish hammers.
Anyone who might be up for that, let me know and ill sneeze in an envelope for you and send it to your home addey.
Ejja_1

(edited for cold medicine induced halucinations and such...)

Last edited:

Remove ads