• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday 25 is Feb 27th: SIGN UP NOW!

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Morning and Afternoon Game 4 please.

Welcome to the game. Please remember to choose which character you would like to play. It may seem the choice has been made for you as the last sign up, but deranged 'ol Nev only half-picked, so you still have a choice between Liang Shui and Patience Meng.

I know you don't want to clutter this thread with meta-talk Buzz, but is there a place people like Ronin84 and others who "would enjoy the ability to play but cannot because of how fast the tables are filling" can provide feedback to give a better gauge for how many people are "left out" each Gameday?

Barring that, there are still 3 open seats in the morning slot (not counting the painting workshop) and 7 open seats in the afternoon. I would encourage Ronin84 and others to take one of the last remaining seats. Gamedays are great times to try new games.

buzz

Adventurer
Of course I'll respect your wish BUT my point was three days after opening most of your events are full, which is a great thing, though I think there are still people who would enjoy the ability to play but cannot because of how fast the tables are filling.
True, but events fill up even at big cons like GenCon, and they host, what, ten thousand guests? :)

And honestly, it's been a while since we've had a Gameday where this many events filled up this soon.

We've only rarely gotten over fifty gamers for the busier gamedays in the eight and a half years since it all got started.
What Mark said. I totally understand Ronin's frustration at events filling up; that's why I send out advance notice of sign-up "go live" so that people can get a jump on events they really want. But the fact is that our beloved venue, Games Plus, is more than enough room for the number of people we typically host. It's also the only venue I can think of that is free and has an awesome game store attached to it. :)

And Mark is right about voicing suggestions during event planning. If you feel there are typically not enough, say, D&D 3.5 events, you are welcome to post in the planning threads and say so.

(FWIW, though, polls that I've done in the past showed that respondents were pretty agnostic about game selection. People seem pretty happy to play a wide variety of games.)

I know you don't want to clutter this thread with meta-talk Buzz, but is there a place people like Ronin84 and others who "would enjoy the ability to play but cannot because of how fast the tables are filling" can provide feedback to give a better gauge for how many people are "left out" each Gameday?
People can always email me (buzz[at]buzzmo[dot]com). I could also set up a comment thread over on the Gameday website. I guess I could set up an ENowlrd group as well, if people feel that would be helpful.

Chgowiz

First Post
Buzz, I'm sorry to say that my guest won't be able to come. That frees up a slot on my S&W game. We also are now down to zero "demo artists" at the miniatures workshop, so if you have a volunteer mini's artist who I could get into contact with, please let me know. Sorry. :/

I also have an addition to the miniatures workshop: Calin (aka Warcry)

Last edited:

Ronin84

First Post
Buzz, I'm sorry to say that my guest won't be able to come. That frees up a slot on my S&W game. We also are now down to zero "demo artists" at the miniatures workshop, so if you have a volunteer mini's artist who I could get into contact with, please let me know. Sorry. :/

I posted to add me BUT after looking at it, I thought it was morning not afternoon...I'm sorry so there is still room at this event.

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer

Noted and added.

I posted to add me BUT after looking at it, I thought it was morning not afternoon...I'm sorry so there is still room at this event.
I don't think I had you down for that event, unless you had signed up under a different name. :erm:

Please sign me up for the Miniatures Painting Workshop. Thanks!

-Randall Smith
Added. Welcome to ENWorld, Randall!

Ronin84

First Post
@Ronin84 - so you're not able to make the afternoon slot? :/

I can't guarantee that I would be there for the whole time...the morning is easy...but I appreciate you letting me know.

Buzz-I edited the post where I asked to be added and wasn't sure if it had been seen by anyone yet and wanted to make sure that someone else could get that seat.

Mr Chew Baca

First Post
Gameday

I would like to registier for these two games -

InSpectres, "18 holes of DOOM!", Reidzilla
Atomic Highway, "The Plunder of Gurnee," Reidzilla

Thanks

Mr Chew Baca

Mr Chew Baca

First Post
Please register me for these two games -

Atomic Highway, "The Plunder of Gurnee," Reidzilla