Chicago Gameday 25 is Feb 27th: SIGN UP NOW!

Painfully

First Post
Sign me up for painting in the morning please! (I'll bring all my own gear--I just needed this as an excuse to pick up my brush more often.)

And Supernatural in the afternoon!

Do I get bonus points if I paint something evil to use in the Supernatural game? :devil:

Oh, and breakfast too!

Looking forward to another great gameday!

Ninjacat

First Post
Eek, my event filled quick!

That's a compliment, actually, even if I have several returning players...the problem is, one of them missed out!

Buzz, I'm not sure if Der Spot is working that Saturday, but I don't think so...he works second shift, which is why he couldn't sign up when the thread went live. I have no problem expanding my table to seven seats; Cortex is story-focused, and I actually ran my first SPN event with eight players. My worry is that I think our housemate/Spot's girlfriend was possibly going to come along this time. She was a gamer long before she met Spot or me, so that's not a problem, but I feel bad asking for eight seats when the GameDay Guidelines recommend 4-6.

OTOH, those same guidelines say GMs can request more. Go ahead and put me down for eight seats; I'm sure Spot will post when he gets home from work. I promise eight players won't wreck the event. ;D

Paul_Klein

Explorer
Hey Buzz,

Sign me up for breakfast (although that is tentative), Star Wars Saga in the afternoon, and Trev's 4E game in the evening.

Trev, I'll take Erdan.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ninjacat

First Post
..And Supernatural in the afternoon!

Do I get bonus points if I paint something evil to use in the Supernatural game? :devil:

Hah! Welcome aboard, Jon. Did Nat harass you into joining the fun at long last? ;)

Actually, Supernatural is Cortex, so it uses Plot Points...you can totally earn an extra if your mini fits the event, heh. (Actually, I don't use miniatures in the game, but an impressive set piece for visualization aid still works. :cool:) I'm not giving away any of the plot's mysteries, but if you were to paint something along the lines of...undead, bones, but not a skeleton... ..yeah, that'd fit the visual look, anyway. I'll give you a free Plot Point if you bring something impressive to the table, and two if it's accurate, heh.

Also, you can ask Nat about the mini-game I do where my Players can earn an extra Plot Point if they can identify the celebrity whose picture I used for their character. The non-taken characters in my Roadhouse Roster are:

• Ash, the computer/tech geek from the show.
  • Chris Booker, raised from infancy as a Hunter.
  • Aaron Booker, Chris' father, a demon-attack survivor.
  • Father Brian O'Boyle, a demon-hunting Catholic priest (may be taken.)
  • Jonas LeFleur, a New Orleans Voudon.
  • Michael Rivertree, a Miwok Tribe Native American shaman.
I don't really recommend Ash; he's more there in case a big fan of the show wants to play a canon character. Computer geeks are good at the mystery-solving research side of a Supernatural adventure, but not so good in combat with the Monster of the Week Scenario. But if you want him, he's yours. Otherwise, he's a handy resource the party can tap for information (using those Plot Points, see?).

Lothos, did you want to reprise your role as Fr. O'Boyle, or did one of these other characters appeal to you more? Obviously, I finished all their Cortex sheets after the time before last; you aren't forced to take the priest this time. ;) But you played him before and you have now joined the ranks of Returning Players, so he's yours if you want him, just let me know.

Remove ads