• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday X is Feb 26th: Planning stage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
KnowTheToe said:
I will just grab space. It will just be quick gladitorial combat situations to play during lunch and such. I will put together a handful of scenarios and bring minis for anyone who may want to mess around during down time.
Toe, do you want me to make mention of this in the sign-up thread (maybe as an aside), even though it's not an "official" event?

Diremede

First Post
Thimbledon's Thimble ( D&D 3.5 )

"They've stolen it! My precious family heirloom is gone, taken by those grubby little hands, those terrible little goblins! Yes, it must be the goblins from the Stilltall Mountains. Call every sell sword, tell every temple within the city of Osgold, tell everyone that I will pay well to get it back, put out a reward for 10,000 gold crowns!!! I want it and I want it now!!" Find your way to Thimbleton and recover the lost heirloom for fame, glory & fortune!

Characters should be 8th level, 32 point buy, character wealth is 13,500gp, Core books (PHB, DMG) and the "Complete" books are allowed, no psionics. Hit points to be rolled at the game table day of game. Some minor house rules will apply three big ones are that Detect Magic, Identify, and Detect Evil do not work. I would like for characters to be submitted 2 weeks before game day if possible, if not then ASAP will work for late sign ups. The adventure is designed for 6 players so six slots are open ( though we could have more if there is enough interest), about 30% RP and 70% combat. In the case that we have walk ins some pre-made characters will be brought along.

Last edited:

FCWesel

First Post
I pointed out both the event and this thread to a pair of fellow GMs, maybe one of them will come up with something.

buzz

Adventurer
Diremede said:
I would like for characters to be submitted 2 weeks before game day if possible, if not then ASAP will work for late sign ups.
Definitely be prepared with some pregens, given how often people sign up late or else just walk in.

Diremede said:
The adventure is designed for 6 players, 1 is already accounted for...
Please make sure that this player posts in the sign-up thread once it is begun, just to keep it all official. Past precedent is that a player must post in the sign-up thread in order to claim a seat in a game, walk-ins being the exception (the trade-off being that as a walk-in, your choice of events is a crapshoot, and technically you're not allowed to win prizes).

Pbartender

First Post
The Lost Temple of Ixtapolapocetl

"Them's that dies'll be the lucky ones!"

Six shipwrecked castaways fight for their lives and an horde of lost treasure against one uncharted island, a crew of blood-thirsty pirates, a tribe of head-hunting savages, a jungle full of man-eating beasts, and a three thousand year old temple of the ancient Olmec God of War.

It could be worse... It could be raining.

A Skull & Bones D20 adventure for up to six pre-generated characters. No prior experience necessary.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
The Jagged Hills Mining Consortium's Finest! (D&D/d20)

Independent gnomes near the Wetleg River have been mining further and further into the Hills of Dissent. Now the Jagged Hills Mining Consortium has deemed it worthy of their attention and have hired your group of adventurers to explore one choice location prior to their sending in teams of exploitation miners. While the independent gnomes continue to pick and prod at various small claims, the Consortium has just finalized rights on a particular cave system that looks promising...promising to be dangerous for the group of adventurers charged with making it safe!

Up to six players will utilize the talents of their choice of twelve pre-generated 10th-level player characters (core rules used to create them) of the primary character classes and races. If you die early, you will be able to pick up one of the as-yet unplayed PCs and join right back in. Table prizes for all players, DM will rank players or have them dice-off for the picking order of prizes.

Ninjacat

First Post
(Gah. Sorry so late with this response. Slight change of plans, i.e.: title of my event. Still H&X; the only thing that's changed is the scenario.)

Under the Bacchae Moon (Hercules & Xena, D6 Legend System)

Congratulations to your party on the successful rescue of Lord Vaeortes' only daughter from kidnapping bandits! The grateful leader of the local farming and vineyard community has insisted upon your attendance to a banquet at his manor house as the guests of honor. The heads of the largest farms and vineyards will also be in attendance, as well as the merchants who deliver the community's wines abroad. These lords and ladies each have secrets of their own, and one or more may even be connected to the orginal kidnapping...

..The damsel has been rescued, but the adventure has only just begun...

Tongue-in-cheek sword and sandal adventure in the style of the TV series. D6 Legend System from West End Games, a simplified version of the base D6 system that is very easy to play. Characters will be provided and gameplay rules explained. (I play extremely fast and loose with the rules anyway; it's all about having fun with the so-called plot. :D ) Knowledge of either TV show is beneficial, but by no means required.

Last edited:

Diremede

First Post
buzz said:
Please make sure that this player posts in the sign-up thread once it is begun, just to keep it all official. Past precedent is that a player must post in the sign-up thread in order to claim a seat in a game, walk-ins being the exception (the trade-off being that as a walk-in, your choice of events is a crapshoot, and technically you're not allowed to win prizes).

Not a problem, he posts on this site regularly.

Last edited:

KnowTheToe

First Post
I do not think I will have my arena done, but there is still a small hope. I have been working in the nursery instead. I would like to play Talisman and would run it as an afternoon slot, but I do not own the game. I think Curt has one, I can't remember who brought it last time. If we had a copy of the game I would be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads