Chicago Gameday X: the awesome aftermath

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
thalmin, do you have a lot of copies of the most recent Dragon mag? if you're running low could you save me one? i really want to get into that Pazuzu article. ;)

thalmin

Retired game store owner
BOZ said:
thalmin, do you have a lot of copies of the most recent Dragon mag? if you're running low could you save me one? i really want to get into that Pazuzu article. ;)
We should have enough. If it looks like we are low, I'll pull one for you.

FCWesel

First Post
BUZZ-inator...

Feeling super saucey I have decided to add two chairs to my Army of Darkness Game!

So, anyone (or anytwo) else who might want to battle the Army of Darkness step on up...if you think you got the cajones.

Nikmal

First Post
Arquin Xea said:
Hey Buzz, I have a question, or I should say questions. I know that in the discription of the miniature seminar that supplies would be available to us, but I was wondering if we may also bring some of our own? I am not sure what type of paints are going to be used, but I am guessing one of the two main sets between Reaper and War Hammer. I do have some of each and sometimes it's just personal preference of which color to use. I also have an old floor tile which makes a good pallet to mix paint on, as well as a light/magnifying glass fixture that helps with the finer details of the mini. May I bring these as well?

Also, is this seminar being taught by someone? Or is it where a some guys (and gals) get together to exchange different techniques? Don't get me wrong, I am there either way. I was just curious.
Thanks for the time,
Arquin Xea
Hi Arquin.
the paints and such will be supplied.. speaking of which I need to buy some brushes tomorrow :)
ok.. yes you can bring your own supplies if you feel comfortable doing that I certainly will not complain. :) For the paints that will be used will be Vallejo Model Color, and Game color,.. Some Ral Partha paints ( a few that is) some armory paint so basically a mish mash of stuff.. so feel free to bring your own too :)

Ok as far as the teaching goes.. yes it will be taught if you want to be.. if you feel you just want to learn some new techniques and such I will gladly let you alone and answer any questions you might have, or anyone else that can answer them. I am by far not the best painter in the world.. but I am pretty good with alot of techniques.. plus I will have alot of articles on hand for folks to peruse and such too. I am going to try and have a CD done with all the articles I have collected.. in HTML format.. but I might have to settle for just some links and such.. as I am not all that good with making stuff like that.. but I will have something for you to bring home at least ok :)

I hope I answered your questions.. but feel free to ask more if you want to :)
-jon

FCWesel

First Post
Nikmal said:
I am going to try and have a CD done with all the articles I have collected.. in HTML format.. but I might have to settle for just some links and such.. as I am not all that good with making stuff like that.. but I will have something for you to bring home at least.

Wow, that's really cool of you, Jon. Very nice, indeed.

Hey, that offer to do a fig still on the table? (No pun intended.) I might have to buy me something IK related, if it is. ;) (I know Curt doesn't want us spending our hard earned money on frivilous...oh who am I kidding, I can't say that with a straight face.) ;)

Oh, since I mentioned "straight faced" and "who am I kidding," I did mean that pun...

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Nikmal said:
I hope I answered your questions.. but feel free to ask more if you want to :)
-jon

BYOFig, though, right? Cause I got a hankering to get a certain one done that I'll keep on the QT until that day. It's a special one for me so I want to do a great job on it and I think it will help to be doing it with a support team at the ready. :)

Nikmal

First Post
Mark said:
BYOFig, though, right? Cause I got a hankering to get a certain one done that I'll keep on the QT until that day. It's a special one for me so I want to do a great job on it and I think it will help to be doing it with a support team at the ready. :)

Feel free to bring your own figurine.. but Kurt is working on something in the donating deptartment.. either from Reaper or from Games Plus.. which I thought was extremely generous of him!! Yay Kurt!!!

If you would like to bring your own in and want some pointers and such feel more then free to do so that goers with materials too!! We have two lights as far as I know.. but if any of you care to bring any other lights in the more the merrier.. as flourescent lights are not the best lighting in the world.. I am planning on bringing a magnifier lamp in.. so anyone feel free to do so too ok :)
-jon

Nikmal

First Post
FCWesel said:
Wow, that's really cool of you, Jon. Very nice, indeed.

Hey, that offer to do a fig still on the table? (No pun intended.) I might have to buy me something IK related, if it is. ;) (I know Curt doesn't want us spending our hard earned money on frivilous...oh who am I kidding, I can't say that with a straight face.) ;)

Oh, since I mentioned "straight faced" and "who am I kidding," I did mean that pun...

Sure I will do a fig for ya.. be glad I normally charge ROFL :)
heck.. I might even donate the one I am doing for the minis seminar to the Game Day prizes.. that ok.. that is if anyone wants it?
-jon

Remove ads