• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday X: the awesome aftermath

buzz

Adventurer
Last Call For Event Cancellations

If anyone is running an event that has yet to see any signups (Ninjacat and GORAK, at this point), you have until the end of the day today to decide if you'd like to remove it from the schedule. GORAK's event was a heroic last-minute addition, and Ninjacat's looks like big-time fun; both should be good for walk-in overflow if no sign-ups occur.

Not saying you have to... just giving you the option. :) Otherwise, be prepared to show up to gameday ready to run your event, regardless of sign-ups. Canceled events considered, we seem pretty full-up this gameday, so I'm sure we'll have walk-ins looking for something to play, especially in the afternoon.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Nikmal said:
Feel free to bring your own figurine.. but Kurt is working on something in the donating deptartment.. either from Reaper or from Games Plus.. which I thought was extremely generous of him!! Yay Kurt!!!

If you would like to bring your own in and want some pointers and such feel more then free to do so that goers with materials too!! We have two lights as far as I know.. but if any of you care to bring any other lights in the more the merrier.. as flourescent lights are not the best lighting in the world.. I am planning on bringing a magnifier lamp in.. so anyone feel free to do so too ok :)
-jon

That's a great thing and I hope Curt has much success with the minis' companies. I won't be able to bring much equipment, myself, as I travel by train and have my full, regular DMing stuff to carry along for the slot two game I am running. I do, however, already plan on bringing some of the smaller supplies like my own paint and brushes. Thanks for the additional information! :)

Nikmal

First Post
Mark said:
That's a great thing and I hope Curt has much success with the minis' companies. I won't be able to bring much equipment, myself, as I travel by train and have my full, regular DMing stuff to carry along for the slot two game I am running. I do, however, already plan on bringing some of the smaller supplies like my own paint and brushes. Thanks for the additional information! :)
Kick Butt.. that is cool too. I look forward to painting with everyone!!
-jon

Nikmal

First Post
I would like to take this time to inform the list about the painting I do on wed nights as well. It is less formal per se then the painting seminar I am running for the Game Day. We paint every wed night around 6 pm and go to usually 10 or so... (you can leave when you need to though) if you would like to join us at Games Plus, it is for both socializing and picking some useful techniques. we encourage both. The more the merrier.. so I thought that I would bring this up on the forums to let everyone know :)
I am running the Seminar as more of a teaching type set up and for socializing as well :)
Feel free to ask some questions of me if you like about both the seminar and the Paint days :)
-jon

Arquin Xea

First Post
Nikmal said:
I would like to take this time to inform the list about the painting I do on wed nights as well. It is less formal per se then the painting seminar I am running for the Game Day. We paint every wed night around 6 pm and go to usually 10 or so... (you can leave when you need to though) if you would like to join us at Games Plus, it is for both socializing and picking some useful techniques. we encourage both. The more the merrier.. so I thought that I would bring this up on the forums to let everyone know :)
I am running the Seminar as more of a teaching type set up and for socializing as well :)
Feel free to ask some questions of me if you like about both the seminar and the Paint days :)
-jon

That is cool. I would be interested in that. I tried coming by one night a while back, I forget which night it was on, but it was cancelled. I drove all the way from McHenry, well, Woodstock really from work, and I really was hoping to attend at another time. :) I am in this for both the learning and the socializing. Sounds like a blast to me.

What is this about prizes? What do you have to do for them and who is eligible?

AstroCat

Adventurer
Game 2: Miniatures painting seminar Slot 2

Hi ya... Myself and 2 others are interested in:

We are:

4. Jordan Trais (AstroCat)
5. Jeanne Trais
6. Lora Kim

I'm interested in getting back in to the "face to face" gaming world, I've been in computer gaming land forever! The other 2 are computer/video gamers who are curious and the painting of the mini's seemed fun to them.
Easy way to check out the scene. :)

Thanks!

Jordan "AstroCat"

Nikmal

First Post
AstroCat said:
Hi ya... Myself and 2 others are interested in:

We are:

4. Jordan Trais (AstroCat)
5. Jeanne Trais
6. Lora Kim

I'm interested in getting back in to the "face to face" gaming world, I've been in computer gaming land forever! The other 2 are computer/video gamers who are curious and the painting of the mini's seemed fun to them.
Easy way to check out the scene. :)

Thanks!

Jordan "AstroCat"

Wow that is awesome.. Welcome to the fold.. glad to have you!!
Hopefully we can get you all to game too sometime at Games plus on the non game days for Enworld too! :)
-jon

Remove ads