• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XVIII Planning Thread: Nov 10th is our date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orichalcum

First Post
Orichalcum's game proposal

I thought I might run something on the light-hearted, low-level, newbie-friendly end of things:

Children in Peril!, D&D 3.5 with pregenerated 1st and 2nd level characters. It is the annual Thaumaturgical Theory Convention, and all the wizards at Lake BurleyGriffon University have gated off for the weekend, leaving their children in the capable hands of the Wands of Wonder Kindergarten staff. Meanwhile, mysterious villains think that this is the perfect opportunity to capture magically talented toddlers for their dark and foul purposes. It's up to the kids to
defend their school from the forces of evil! A humorous, light-hearted D&D 3.5 adventure with some dark themes and pre-generated characters. Creativity and willingness to play a child essential.

If folks aren't interested in that, I could also run a game set in an alternate mythic Roman Empire.

buzz

Adventurer
Cerebral Paladin said:
Orichalcum and I would each like to run a game; I think Orichalcum has said that she would like to run a D&D game.
I've added your event, Cerebral Paladin, but would it be possible for Orichalcum to post herself? I know that I allow posting for others during signup, but for event submission, I'd prefer it if each GM post so that I know this thread is sitting in their subscription bin (and, thus, they are monitoring it).

EDIT: Posted too soon! Orichalcum, you're in.

buzz

Adventurer
Dag! We've already filled up (as seven events per slot is as big as I'd like to go).

That said, FCWesel and Mark: would either of you be willing to forego one of your proposed events? This isn't a requirement, but just a thought.

Pbartender

First Post
Cerebral Paladin said:
ETA: I realize that I just grabbed the last slots currently listed, but PBartender, I'd love to play Dread. If a slot opens up through a cancellation, I really encourage you to run it.

Hrm... I hadn't realized we were going all the way to 7 slots -- people were talking about too much noise and limiting the number of tables -- or I would be.

:\

EDIT: That said, let me make it clear that while I'd really appreciate an open slot to run a game of Dread, please don't anyone feel that it's necessary to step aside. I just feel slow, stupid and frustrated at the missed opportunity. :p

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
Pbartender said:
Hrm... I hadn't realized we were going all the way to 7 slots -- people were talking about too much noise and limiting the number of tables -- or I would be.

:\
I'd love to try Dread. If a spot opens up, I hope we can fit that in.

P.S., I'm going with Burning Wheel. It'll most likely be the classic Keep on the Borderlands, but BW-style.

rowport

First Post
Trevalon Moonleirion said:
MAN! That was quick! Okay.

I'll take an afternoon slot (they seem to be free).

I'm running a Dark*Matter game. I'm torn between using d20 Modern rules or Alternity rules. I think I'd prefer to run Alternity, just to be strange and different, though if there are tremendous objections, I can always just convert what I have in mind to work with d20 Modern.

I'll either be running Raw Recruits (the adventure from Alternity D*M that ISN'T Exit 23) or part of The Killing Jar, a pretty sweet module for D*M.
Trev-

Since I loves me some D*M, I will probably play with either rules engine. But, count my vote for the d20 version-- I think many more folks will be familiar with those rules, anyway. ;)

And, of course, since I have had my beautiful, high-production value, and yet unopened copy of d20 D*M sitting on my shelf since it was published last year, maybe I will even pull it out and read it. LOL

Ninjacat

First Post
Pbartender said:
Let me make it clear that while I'd really appreciate an open slot to run a game of Dread, please don't anyone feel that it's necessary to step aside. I just feel slow, stupid and frustrated at the missed opportunity. :p

buzz said:
I'd love to try Dread. If a spot opens up, I hope we can fit that in.

And as I said: I'm more than willing to step down if there's other GMs who need space in a slot. I'm sure I'll be running official Supernatural games in the future, so it's no biggie either way.

Pbar, would you be willing to run a MORNING slot of Dread? 'Cuz I will TOTALLY be running SPN in the future (so really, who wants me to run it THREE GameDays in a row? 'Cuz honestly, you know I'm going to be wanting to next time, having the official rules and such. I hadn't thought it through that far last night, heh.) And I know reidmcc & Annamarie would love to play a Dread game, so it'd be nice to have it go off, if at all possible. (Hmmm, I love Dread, too; Buzz wants to try, Cerebral Paladin wants to play... ..that's, like, probably five players already, hee. Go For It, Pbar!!! :D )

Buzz, I am MORE than happy to step aside this time around to see another event (that obviously WILL have players) occur instead. If Pbar wants my AM slot, it's totally his. do i honestly sound that 80s when i speak..? ..wait, don't answer that. *g*

TracerBullet42

First Post
Ninjacat said:
And as I said: I'm more than willing to step down if there's other GMs who need space in a slot. I'm sure I'll be running official Supernatural games in the future, so it's no biggie either way.

Pbar, would you be willing to run a MORNING slot of Dread? 'Cuz I will TOTALLY be running SPN in the future (so really, who wants me to run it THREE GameDays in a row? 'Cuz honestly, you know I'm going to be wanting to next time, having the official rules and such. I hadn't thought it through that far last night, heh.) And I know reidmcc & Annamarie would love to play a Dread game, so it'd be nice to have it go off, if at all possible. (Hmmm, I love Dread, too; Buzz wants to try, Cerebral Paladin wants to play... ..that's, like, probably five players already, hee. Go For It, Pbar!!! :D )

Buzz, I am MORE than happy to step aside this time around to see another event (that obviously WILL have players) occur instead. If Pbar wants my AM slot, it's totally his. do i honestly sound that 80s when i speak..? ..wait, don't answer that. *g*
Besides...you might still be recovering from that GenCon game you ran...

Dirtiest... Satyr... Ever...

rowport said:
Trev-

Since I loves me some D*M, I will probably play with either rules engine. But, count my vote for the d20 version-- I think many more folks will be familiar with those rules, anyway. ;)

And, of course, since I have had my beautiful, high-production value, and yet unopened copy of d20 D*M sitting on my shelf since it was published last year, maybe I will even pull it out and read it. LOL

I'm open to doing either, though I'll ask players once we start doing the player signups. I'm probably picking up the d20 D*M book just since I have a gift card to barnes and noble. Kinda depends on if converting an adventure from Alternity -> d20 is easier than learning Alternity and having enough of a rules summary to pass around to players who don't really know the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads