• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XVIII Planning Thread: Nov 10th is our date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjacat

First Post
TracerBullet42 said:
Besides...you might still be recovering from that GenCon game you ran...

Dirtiest... Satyr... Ever...

*pats TB on the head*

You poor, innocent thing, you.

*snicker*

No, he really WAS the dirtiest satyr I've ever ran a game for... ..but the satyr and the centaur characters only oh-so-rarely get chosen, so that's not saying much. I must confess, I really WOULDN'T have gone there, but we were running short on time and it fit the storyline of the game pretty much perfectly... ..so I let it fly. Heh.

As for recovery... ..erm, no. As you and Yort brought up at the table, I'm one of the demented participants survivors of Buzz's Harry Potter & the Flagrant Violation of Copyright. ahhhh, Good Times. :D So that H&X event actually only barely pinged on my radar as "wrong", hee. (well, okay, maybe more than barely, but it still didn't require much in the way of recovery, heh heh. yort and i both appreciate Belkar as a character, hah.) My VOICE is still recovering from GenCon, but I spent most of Saturday afternoon nigh-shouting at my table in the Actual Convention Center to be heard by my players. That Omni Ballroom was in the back of beyond, but at least it was relatively quiet. *g*

buzz

Adventurer
Ninjacat said:
Buzz, I am MORE than happy to step aside this time around to see another event (that obviously WILL have players) occur instead.
There's no need for you to bow out. The only GMs who should even be considering dropping an event right now are FCWesel and Mark, since they are the only ones with two events on the roster.

Not that they need to consider such. The whole point of Gameday is to enjoy yourself and hang out with people. If running two events is your most direct path to enjoying Gameday, then, hey, run two events.

If it's not critical, though, I'd hope that FC and Mark would at least consider it, assuming there are more GMs who'd like to volunteer.

Ninjacat

First Post
buzz said:
There's no need for you to bow out. The only GMs who should even be considering dropping an event right now are FCWesel and Mark, since they are the only ones with two events on the roster.

Okie-dokie. But if Pbar WANTS to run, I really am ready to step aside. Just consider me to be running an official Weiss Games Supernatural event at GameDay XIX, heh. But like I said, you can pretty much count on that anyway, so I'm good whatever way things play out.

Pbar, speak up.

You wanna run that Dread, just say so, and I'll be happy to stand down, unless FC or Mark choose to first. (Or anybody, for that matter.)

Pbartender

First Post
Seriously, though...

I'd rather run the game in the afternoon slot for two reasons: First, there's at least two morning GMs who've shown interest, and wouldn't be able to play. Second, the nature of the game is that characters are bound to "die"... the afternoon slot has less pressure concerning time constraints, both for games that end early or late.

And, of course, I'd feel less bad about taking the place of a GM who was already running another game. I'd like to hear from Floyd and Mark (no pressure, you two... ;) ).

That said, I certainly won't look a gift horse in the mouth, though I am compelled to give you your three chances to change your mind, N-cat.

Ninjacat

First Post
Pbartender said:
I'd rather run the game in the afternoon slot for two reasons: First, there's at least two morning GMs who've shown interest, and wouldn't be able to play. Second, the nature of the game is that characters are bound to "die"... the afternoon slot has less pressure concerning time constraints, both for games that end early or late.

And, of course, I'd feel less bad about taking the place of a GM who was already running another game. I'd like to hear from Floyd and Mark (no pressure, you two... ;) ).

That said, I certainly won't look a gift horse in the mouth, though I am compelled to give you your three chances to change your mind, N-cat.

Oi, I commented on Buzz & Cerebral Paladin wanting to play, failing to realize they're running events at the SAME TIME. A-Duh.

And since when do gift horses get three times to change their mind?

Actually, I'm not sure if the last line of your response is claiming Yes You Would like to run in the morning anyway, or not. But my faith in my own perception checks has been shaken by the Buzz/CP bit, so I can be doubtful either way, heh. Honestly, I just didn't want to have to choose between your Dread & Trev's D*M, but you're right, Dread would play better as an afternoon event.

I'm still ready to step down; I may anyway 'cuz I'll feel silly running SPN games three GameDays in a row, but meh, when has feeling silly ever really stopped me?

Buzz, looks like I'm still in, for the moment, anyway. Maybe Vyvyan Basterd will claim to want to wait for official SPN goodness and I can step aside with a clean conscience (no, my conscience doesn't make any more sense than the rest of me, don't ask) and have the decision made for me- -until then, or something else happens, I'll carry on as is.

Pbartender

First Post
Ninjacat said:
Oi, I commented on Buzz & Cerebral Paladin wanting to play, failing to realize they're running events at the SAME TIME. A-Duh.

And since when do gift horses get three times to change their mind?

Actually, I'm not sure if the last line of your response is claiming Yes You Would like to run in the morning anyway, or not.

It's a habit of mine... When offered an unexpected or exceptionally generous gift, I always make certain the giver has three chances to change their mind. If they are still insistant after the third "are you certain?", then I have no qualms about accepting -- no matter what the gift is.

It's my own way of making certain the giver has enough time to consider what he's offering and to ensure there's no regrets once the deal is made.

Ninjacat said:
Buzz, looks like I'm still in, for the moment, anyway.

-until then, or something else happens, I'll carry on as is.

Yeah... It's not like we don't have time to figure it out one way or another. There's no hurry
just yet.

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
buzz said:

Not that they need to consider such. The whole point of Gameday is to enjoy yourself and hang out with people. If running two events is your most direct path to enjoying Gameday, then, hey, run two events.

If it's not critical, though, I'd hope that FC and Mark would at least consider it, assuming there are more GMs who'd like to volunteer.

Pbartender said:

I've got two games to run this time but the morning slot, while inviolate at its core could be moved to the hightop table near the gameroom door rather than being played on one of the big miniatures tables in the posterior of the room. It would be a sacrifice of space but at this stage of the planning I suppose I could make the adjustment. We would need to find another place for the prizes and sign up. Perhaps, people could sign up on the table in the store area, or the snack table could be sacrificed to name tags, and the prizes could remain in a box until after the first slot is over? The second slot game that I am planning is sacrosanct. ;)

Mark said:
I've got two games to run this time but the morning slot, while inviolate at its core could be moved to the hightop table near the gameroom door rather than being played on one of the big miniatures tables in the posterior of the room. It would be a sacrifice of space but at this stage of the planning I suppose I could make the adjustment. We would need to find another place for the prizes and sign up. Perhaps, people could sign up on the table in the store area, or the snack table could be sacrificed to name tags, and the prizes could remain in a box until after the first slot is over? The second slot game that I am planning is sacrosanct. ;)

Hey. HEY. English major, there's too many big words in this post for my sleep-deprived college brain to deal with right now. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads