• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XVIII Planning Thread: Nov 10th is our date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Trevalon Moonleirion said:
Hey. HEY. English major, there's too many big words in this post for my sleep-deprived college brain to deal with right now. :p

Sory, Teech.

FCWesel

First Post
Buzz,

Tell ya what, take my games off the rouster. That'll let two other GMs get a chance to run something; opening a morning and afternnon slot. Neither of my games are any better than anyone elses, and I would love to have others get a chance to run. (And while boarish, I am no game-day sacred cow.)

Thanks,

Floyd

BTW - I am looking at doing a number of BSG rpg events at Games Plus over the next month or two, so those that are interested should contact me so that when I get the details, I can let you know.

You can contact me through: http://www.cortexsystemrpg.org/ (my ID there is FCWesel; send me a PM, please.)

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
Mark said:
I've got two games to run this time but the morning slot, while inviolate at its core could be moved to the hightop table near the gameroom door rather than being played on one of the big miniatures tables in the posterior of the room.
This would basically mean adding an eighth event in the morning, and sticking those people at an uncomfortable table. I'd really prefer not to do either of those things, not to mention taking over space outside the game room (which I don't even know if GP would allow).

Ergo, if you don't want to give up one of your events, then let's just leave it at that.

So, now it's either FCWesel drops an event, or you save Dread for next time, Pb. :)

I'm thinking that, next time, I'll send out advance notice of a "go live" time for the planning thread so volunteers can plan to post before everything fills up. I think we may also need to institute a rule next time about not claiming more than one event slot unless the schedule demands it, or at least until the initial rush is over.

I'll definitely give advance warning for player signups this time around, though.

Admittedly, these are not bad problems to have. It's nice to see Gameday is so popular. :)

buzz

Adventurer
FCWesel said:
Tell ya what, take my games off the rouster. That'll let two other GMs get a chance to run something; opening a morning and afternnon slot. Neither of my games are any better than anyone elses, and I would love to have others get a chance to run. (And while boarish, I am no game-day sacred cow.)
At this point, we only have one person (Pb) looking to add an event. Instead of sacrificing both your events, I'd prefer you just choose one. That'll please the most people.

Not to mention, you have a good group of regulars that you bring to Gameday. I think they'd be bummed if you weren't running anything.

Whaddaya think? Remember, "Nah, I really want to run both my events regardless" is a perfectly acceptable answer.

rvalle

First Post
buzz said:
Admittedly, these are not bad problems to have. It's nice to see Gameday is so popular. :)

Yep. I noticed this is happening after I started to show up to Gameday's. It's hard for me to take all the credit... but shucks, its also hard to be as popular a guy as I obviously am.

:) :)

rv

TracerBullet42

First Post
rvalle said:
Yep. I noticed this is happening after I started to show up to Gameday's. It's hard for me to take all the credit... but shucks, its also hard to be as popular a guy as I obviously am.

:) :)

rv
Booyah?

Pbartender

First Post
buzz said:
Ergo, if you don't want to give up one of your events, then let's just leave it at that.

buzz said:
So, now it's either FCWesel drops an event, or you save Dread for next time, Pb. :)

buzz said:
At this point, we only have one person (Pb) looking to add an event. Instead of sacrificing both your events, I'd prefer you just choose one. That'll please the most people.

buzz said:
Whaddaya think? Remember, "Nah, I really want to run both my events regardless" is a perfectly acceptable answer.

As the one looking for a spot to run a game, I agree on all counts... I'd love to run Dread, but if you really want to run two games, then go ahead. I'll save my game for next time, and no hard feelings.

If nothing else, I can still bring the Jenga stack and the scenario notes along just in case... The last time even though we had full roster, there were still extra players looking for a seat to play. And Dread doesn't take a whole lot of room or require a whole lot of players to play.

Mark

buzz said:
This would basically mean adding an eighth event in the morning, and sticking those people at an uncomfortable table.

Maybe I misunderstood. Were you not asking me to give up the table I had in the morning so that someone else could run a game? Many of us use those large miniatures tables in the back and do not find them uncomfortable. Indeed, one of the two slots Floyd is now giving up is on one of those tables. Pb ran a slot at the last event on one of those tables.

Last edited:

Pbartender

First Post
Mark said:
Maybe I misunderstood. Were you not asking me to give up the table I had in the morning so that someone else could run a game? Many of us use those large miniatures tables in the back and do not find them uncomfortable. Indeed, one of the two slots Floyd is now giving up is on one of those tables. Pb ran a slot at the last event on one of those tables.

Yep... I wouldn't have a problem running Dread on one of those tables. for that matter, I wouldn't have a problem running it on the high-top "prize" table you're thinking of moving to.

Buzz was just saying that with seven events, all the regular tables -- both low gaming table and high minis tables -- are currently filled up with games. He's trying to keep it to no more than seven events for the morning and evening slots.

Thinking about that, here's a question for you, Buzz... I know you're trying to keep it to seven events, but once the prizes have been cleared off that table would there really be a problem running small game -- say four players, instead of the usual six -- at the prize table in the afternoon slot?

Mark

Pbartender said:
The last time even though we had full roster, there were still extra players looking for a seat to play.

Yup. Adding an eighth event would probably be a good thing, maybe even a ninth if it can ba done. I really do not think the pizes need to be on display if it means a table for an event is being sacrificed. As said above, the former snack table can be used for sign ups and name tags. The prizes can be spread out on the hightop table between slots, at the beginning of the meal break and will be gone before slot two begins (any leftover prizes, the grab one if you want one variety, could be put back in a box on the little signup table.

Pbartender said:
Yep... I wouldn't have a problem running Dread on one of those tables. for that matter, I wouldn't have a problem running it on the high-top "prize" table you're thinking of moving to.

Buzz was just saying that with seven events, all the regular tables -- both low gaming table and high minis tables -- are currently filled up with games. He's trying to keep it to no more than seven events for the morning and evening slots.

Thinking about that, here's a question for you, Buzz... I know you're trying to keep it to seven events, but once the prizes have been cleared off that table would there really be a problem running small game -- say four players, instead of the usual six -- at the prize table in the afternoon slot?

I would plan to limit a hightop game table to just four players, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads