Level Up (A5E) Choose a page: Adventurer's Guide

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If I'm actually first to get in a number here... I changed my mind. Page 492.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. That cuts deep man. I would be willing to give mine up, because we have just seen the page
Well, in that case @Faolyn finally gets one! Page 492 it is!

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 11.32.27 AM.png

Well, in that case @Faolyn finally gets one! Page 492 it is!

View attachment 145866
The tidbit about scrolls is interesting.

If I'm reading it correctly, one not only can use a scroll to cast a spell of higher level than he normally would, like a level 1 wizard using a scroll of fireball, but the fireball from the scroll itself could be upcast to 9th level. Is this correct, or would the wizard have to use one of his own spell slots to upcast the spell, but wouldn't need to know it since it's using the scroll?

Stalker0

Legend
The tidbit about scrolls is interesting.

If I'm reading it correctly, one not only can use a scroll to cast a spell of higher level than he normally would, like a level 1 wizard using a scroll of fireball, but the fireball from the scroll itself could be upcast to 9th level. Is this correct, or would the wizard have to use one of his own spell slots to upcast the spell, but wouldn't need to know it since it's using the scroll?
That how I read it to. It’s an interesting gamble, throw down a 9th level fireball with a DC 19 check,

if we assume 20 int and advantage on the check, that’s 51% check. I’d say that’s a generally a gamble not worth taking, but I could see an adventurous party giving it a shot.

All in all not OP to me, seems a high gamble to get such a benefit

Remove ads