D&D 5E Chris Perkins drops 2020 hint!

Shiroiken

Legend
Interesting thought. Ravenloft (I6), which was the base for CoS, was written by Margret Wies and Tracy Hickman, who've also written quite a few other great adventures, most notably Pharaoh and the rest of the Desert of Desolation trilogy. If I had to put down money, I bet on this.

Another option, although less likely, would be a gothic themed monster book, focusing on undead, monstrosities, and aberrations.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I'm wondering if he means more about updating a famous adventure and expanding out the surrounding area to create a campaign province to adventure in? ccs and Shiroiken could have the right idea, especially considering it would give Perkins another opportunity to work with Tracy Hickman again like they did on Curse.

darjr

I crit!
Huh? The ghosts of Saltmarsh book was an experiment about doing stuff in other settings. One I think that was a success, according to what they said at Gameholecon

ccs

41st lv DM
Interesting thought. Ravenloft (I6), which was the base for CoS, was written by Margret Wies and Tracy Hickman, who've also written quite a few other great adventures, most notably Pharaoh and the rest of the Desert of Desolation trilogy.

You're thinking of Dragonlance.

I3, Pharoh was written by Tracy & Laura Hickman.
I4, Oasis of the White Palm was written by Phillip Meyers & Tracy Hickman.
I5, Lost Tomb of Martek was written by Tracy Hickman - credited as Tracy Raye Hickman.
I6, Ravenloft was written by Tracy & Laura Hickman.
Nor is Wies in the credits of the 1987 super module revision.

Remove ads