Christmas 2011 RPG Holiday Sales?

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Whether you are already out hunting for presents, or hunkering under the desk until January 2nd, the holiday shopping season has begun.

So, a place to put RPG gaming sales for people to either flock to madly, or avoid, while making finger crosses to drive the retail demons away.

First, my example - Mantic is having a grab bag sale - a messenger bag stuffed with random plastic sprues of unpainted miniatures for 25 pounds UK.

I am getting a few, with plans to slap gift wrap around them and sending them off, with one being used as a toy dip for the teens game.

I am fond of the Mantic plastics - their elves are spidery, their dwarfs are blocky, and their orcs are, ummm, orky? I have a huge number of their undead, and used 300 of their zombies in a 5th level Pathfinder game.... (Still happy with how that went. :) )

The Auld Grump

*EDIT* Sale is going until 21 December 2011.

Last edited:

Not sure if this is what you're asking, but...

I have found NOBLE KNIGHT GAMES - Role Playing Games, RPG's, Board Games, Miniatures, Dungeons and Dragons - New & Out-of-Print to be just totally awesome.

They sell just about every used book out there, at a reasonable price, their quality standards are always accurate, and they ship quickly and professionally.

I've dealt with a number of used rpg sellers, several of whom do only that. Noble Knight games is, by far, the best in my opinion.

Apart from buying friends the Pathfinder Beginner Box, I'll be doing my RPG xmas shopping from them.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Heh, I meant sales for the Christmas shopping season.

I have to admit - I have not been much impressed by Noble Knight. They generally charge collectors prices, sometimes on things that are still in print, but not widely distributed. Troll and Toad are generally a better bet, price wise at least.

I am sure that there will be some Black Friday sales soon. :)

The Auld Grump

JeffB

Legend
Palladium has had a grab-bag event going on every year during the holidays. I once scored 6 or 7 of the big PFRPG books (autographed) along with a nice quality book bag, T shirt, and some other little goodies for $40.

LINK

Ah, well, sorry for the confusion.

Troll and Toad is my second favorite. They're a bit better with prices, but not as good with professional shipping or grading the quality of their items, IMO. Also, they've gotten some items wrong in large bulk items in the past for me.

I'd give em a B+ and NobleKnight an A (A+ if they were cheaper).
Most others would barely receive passing grades, so high praise to both of these companies.

BUT on topic: I believe that Fantasy Flight Games does an annual sale, selling most of their Midnight and D20 materials for $5 per book ($10 per larger/more expensive book). This year may be different as they've moved on from D20 and Midnight....but if you like Midnight, I'd check into it....there might be some values.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Not exactly an RPG item, but....

Officemax.com is going to have Samsung CLP-325W color laser printers for 79.99. I have had a Samsung CLX-3170 for two years now, and am still very happy with it. :) Enough so that if/when my current printer dies, I will get another Samsung. (Office Max advert.)

They also have a Canon in their advert, but the picture lies - it shows a color picture coming out of a Canon D420 - a monochrome laser printer/copier....

Gods know, I use my printer more than pretty much any other gaming accessory. :p

The Auld Grump

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
RPGNow.com's sales page usually has good deals on PDFs. Currently they have things like the Mongoose runequest going away sale, the Goodman Games 50% off sale, the Super Genius Games 52% off sale, the Gun metal Games 35% off sale, and others and its not even Black Friday yet.

karlindel

First Post
I was just looking around for holiday sales on gaming stuff.

RPGNow has a few sales going on. Notably, Mongoose has its Runequest pdfs on sale, and they lose the license at the end of November.

Green Ronin has a 12 Weeks of Christmas sale, a new deal every week. - Edit, sorry, this is incorrect. Green Ronin has a warehouse blowout sale, which you can find at http://www.greenronin.com/store/category/2011-warehouse-blowout.html

Last edited:

Remove ads