Christmas Purchases

vagabundo

Adventurer
Lets all talk about our Gaming Christmas purchases/pressents and rub our hand with glee!! Oh and the campaigns we plan on using said goodies in...

Okay I got some money for my ma so I put aside €100 to get gaming loot and here's what I just finished getting;

4e:
Open Grave,
MM2,
Manual of the planes;

Star Wars:
Saga Edition Book;

3e:
Unapproachable East for FR.

I plan on doing the free Star wars Adventure path this year - after my 4e Thunderspire finishes and then WotBS set in Thay. Yum!! I doubt I'll get through all that in a year - my group is very slow.

The star wars game will be our first non-DND rpg; not a million miles from 4e and that's why I chose it.

So pipe up everyone, what Christmas bundles are on their way - or already arrived.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
I got myself the 4e Holiday PH I&II bundle. I'm about 200 pages into reading the 4e PH all the way through.

My brother in law got me the Pathfinder Campaign Setting. My Secret Santa sister got me the Pathfinder Princes of Darkness, M&M Warriors and Warlocks, and the 4e Goodman Module DCC #55 Isle of the Sea Drake.

An excellent pile of gaming loot.:)

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Well my Christmas presents were:

Serenity RPG - Big Damn Heroes
Conan RPG - Bestiary of the Hyborian Age
Conan RPG - Aquilonia

I plan on using D20 Future for a Firefly/Serenity campaign and later in 2010 a new Conan campaign :)

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
I got two packs of minis....one with the Storm Titan (my favorite mini made so far) and the other with a Balor. Not to shabby of choices from my mother-in-law.

I also got some cash which I am going to spend on gaming stuff.

I found the Arcane Powers book at HalfPriceBooks for $15 and grabbed that up and have been searching online to purchase the air genasi swashbuckler mini as well as some boardgames.

DS

S'mon

Legend
I got myself a bunch of stuff for my 4e campaign restarting on the 10th Jan (my wife got her promised top end MacBook Pro for quitting smoking 2 months previously, so I figured I deserved some treats): I've ordered a bunch of commons minis (ca £17, mostly 50p-75p humans), but my main buys were:

4e DMG II - pretty happy with this, though an awful lot of it is encounters/adventures/Sigil stuff which I'm not sure of the utility.

4e FR DM's Guide - waiting for this, but my friend Upper_Krust/Craig Cochrane's copy looked good.

Halls of the Giant Kings dungeon tiles, for use with Dungeon Delve - these are a rarity and normally sell for ca £20 recently, when I saw them on amazon for £1.40 + postage I snapped them up.

4e DM's screen - looks excellent, this was recommended to me and I can see why, it seems by far the best DM's screen I've seen. Sturdy, low-lying, and comprehensive.

Shemeska

Adventurer
I didn't actually get a single RPG related gift for Xmas. The closest I came were a pair of PS3 games (Bioshock and Cross-Edge).

Remove ads