Yeah, Bargle is cool, but have you ever Emirkol the Chaotic'd?
View attachment 282836
...forgot I had a writeup for Emirikol lying around... use with caution (or not)
Emirikol the Chaotic
Medium Humanoid (Shade), Chaotic Neutral
18 (robe of chaos
30 ft., fly 30 ft. (hover)
12 (+1) DEX
16 (+3) CON
16 (+2) INT
22 (+6) WIS
14 (+2) CHA
Con +9, Int +12, Wis +8
Arcana +18, Intimidation +9, Perception +8
truesight 60 ft., passive Perception 18
Common, Abyssal, Infernal, Primordial, Shadovar/Netherese
##?## (# XP)
While Emirikol concentrates on a spell, he is surrounded by an aura of whirling chaotic magic that grants him immunity to ranged weapon attacks and resistance to damage from spells.
Emirikol is under the effect of a contingency
spell. When he is reduced to 93 hit points, he teleports up to 120 feet to an unoccupied space he can see. Immediately after, each creature within 10 feet of the space he left must make a DC 20 Constitution save, taking 5d10 force damage on a failed save. A creature is disintegrated if this damage leaves it with 0 hit points.
Emirikol possesses an amulet of the planes, robe of chaos*, ring of joining*,
and a wand of wonder
When Emirikol’s concentration is broken, when his magic is countered or dispelled, when indicated by Entropic Lightning or his Legendary Actions, when he is stunned or reduced to 0 hit points, roll d6 for a wild surge:
- All creatures within 60 feet take 3d6 force damage and must succeed a DC 20 Strength saving throw or be pushed 5 feet and knocked prone.
- Each spellcaster within 60 feet besides Emirikol loses 2d6 levels worth of spell slots (from lowest to highest) and takes that amount of psychic damage.
- Each creature within 60 feet besides Emirikol must succed a DC 20 Charisma save or be hurled to a random plane (d4: 1-Astral, 2-Ethereal, 3-A random Outer Plane, 4-A random Inner Plane). If the creature does not use its next action fighting to get back to the plane it was formerly on, it is abandoned there.
- Random structures within 60 feet blink in and out of the Ethereal Plane for 1 minute. If a creature is in the space when a structure returns, that creature takes 5 (1d10) force damage and is shunted to the nearest unoccupied space.
- Weapons and implements within 60 feet blink in and out of the Ethereal Plane for 1 minute, returning in the wrong hands.
- Emirikol recharges and immediately uses Entropic Lightning, and each creature failing their save triggers a Wild Surge if casting spells before end of their next turn.
Emirikol makes two Chaos Bolt attacks.
Chaos Bolt. Ranged Spell Attack:
+12 to hit, 120 ft., one target. Hit:
16 (3d6+6)+1d8 damage. If any d6’s have the same number, the spell targets another creature of Emirikol’s choice within 30 feet. A creature can only be targeted once. The damage type is determined by the d8’s result:
1 Acid 2 Cold 3 Fire 4 Force 5 Lightning 6 Poison 7 Psychic 8 Thunder
Entropic Lightning (spell, recharge 5-6).
Emirikol draws a bolt of lightning from the Elemental Chaos and grounds it at a point within 120 feet of him. This creates a 20-foot-radius sphere of dark energy as the veil to the Shadowfell grows thin. Emirikol picks one creature where the bolt begins; that creature must make a DC 20 Dexterity saving throw or take 10d8 lightning damage. The bolt then jumps to another creature in the area, but its damage is reduced by 1d8, and so on until there are no eligible targets, or the bolt has no damage dice left. If there are damage dice remaining, then a Wild Surge is triggered.
A creature can be targeted only once. A creature is disintegrated if this damage leaves it with 0 hit points.
In addition, there is a 50% chance that a number of shadows
equal to creatures damaged by this spell appear in unoccupied spaces in the area. They act as Emirikol’s allies and take their turns immediately after his. They remain until they die or until he dismisses them as an action.
Emirikol casts one of the following spells, requiring no material components and using Intelligence as the spellcasting ability (spell save DC 20, +12 to hit with spell attacks):
At-will: blink, dancing lights, detect magic, detect thoughts, mage hand, message, phantom steed, prestidigitation
2/day each: banishment, charm monster, Bigby’s hand, confusion, Otiluke’s resilient sphere
1/day each: antimagic field, project image, teleport, time stop
Emirikol teleports, along with any equipment he is carrying, up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space he can see, provided the destination is in dim light or darkness.
Emirikol can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at th eend of another creature’s turn.
Emirikol uses Spellcasting and causes a Wild Surge to trigger.
Shadow Step (2 actions).
Emirikol uses Shadow Step.
Use Magic Item (2 actions).
Emirikol uses a magic item.
Spell Detonation (3 actions).
Emirikol targets one creature he can see within 60 feet that has a spell active upon it or that concentrates on a spell. All such spells immediately end, the target takes 1d6 force damage per level of the spell, and a Wild Surge is triggered.