D&D 5E Christopher Perkins Talks About The Return of Vecna, Venger, & More D&D Villains

Perkins reiterates that League of Malevolence villains Venger, Kelek, and Warduke will be appearing. He doesn't confirm that Venger is a Red Wizard of Thay, but does confirm that the Red Wizard storyline is coming in 2025.

The big Vecna adventure, with Amanda Hamon as lead developer, is lined up for 2024, and is Vecna's 'scary comeback' and goes to many worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It was mentioned in the D&D Direct a few weeks back, but just to clarify:

They're seemingly talking about three different adventures in the works.
World-hopping adventure centered on Vecna for 2024.
Red Wizards for 2025.
Venger (possibly along with the League of Malevolence) at some unspecified point down the road.
He also says the 2025 Red Wizards book will be the first Forgotten Realms story after the new Core rulebooks...suggesting Vecna will not explicitly be Realms-related, or comes our before the new books.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
All the doubt about who owns the IP related to the cartoon should disappear now. Perkins is very clear who owns it all -- Wizards.
Not "all" necessarily. The characters and their depictions.

The fact that they apparently haven't sold digital distribution rights to anyone suggests, to me, that they may not have them. Even if no streamer wanted to pay big bucks to stream the cartoon, selling the cartoon via iTunes and Amazon would get around that, and they haven't done that.

So, did anyone do a trademark search like Perkins said to not do?

The Glen

Legend
The fact that they're this excited about Venger as a villain really underscores how thin their bench is. I'd expect Bargle to show up sooner rather than later.
They need to do a villain team up, like the D&D Legion of Doom.

Venger: We need to get into the city unnoticed.
Bargle: I'll cast Delayed Blast...
Vecna: They will notice a fireball.
Bargle: ...Puppy
Venger: ...
Vecna: ...
Venger: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I’m curious is Venger is going to be a shade from Netheril with this pointed teeth from 3e ish storyline time frame as it fits visually and he’s a caster.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases